Bluetooth keyboard and Targus new Bluetooth....

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Macmac, Oct 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Macmac

Macmac Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Hello all!
    Just recently purchased the ThinkOutside bluetooth keyboard and Targus Bluetooth adapter (you can connect-should be able to - more than one device from one USB input). However, I ran into some complexing problems.

One with the Dell Inspiron 700M-the Targus adapter's driver cd and instructions (also on pdf on cd). It will warn you not to connect the adapter until the driver is loaded. But immediately upon opening the cd, a message tells you that it does not detect any bluetooth devices and that you should connect it?? After its own Wizard takes you through the instructions(?), I engage my Apple bluetooth - it is recognized and works! Then the ThinkOut works too. Now I try to use a Kensington mouse which has its own adapter but I leave that out and try it. It does not pick the mouse out.

Could it be something to do with the Targus being 1.1 USB? Any suggestions?
    Thank you.
    Sincerely,
    macmac

2. Brian

Brian Working at 486 Speed NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    I don't know about the Kensington product in particular, but many Bluetooth devices simply will not work without their own stack and adaptors installed. I know, it goes against the concept, but it's true. Try it with its own adaptor and see what happens.

Editor in Chief http://www.bargainPDA.com and http://www.SPOTstop.com

3. Macmac

Macmac Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Dear Brian,
    Thanks. I am a little peeved, for I dished out a total of 60.00plus for UPS delivery to Honolulu. Man, I thought it would solve my accessories problem. I will try your suggestion. I am still waiting for Targus to respond. UPdate: I was able to use the Kensington mouse with its adapter with the Inspiron700M! I thought this laptop had no bluetooth capability. It will be in my case now! Of course, I have to get one for the Mac again.

Also, your sites are awesome. My Axim still did not arrive yet.

Take care!
    macmac

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.