Blade stealth late 2019

Discussion in 'Razer' started by Joikansai, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Just removed cpu power limitation and with TB3 controller inside 1060g7, 2080 egpu setting almost beats my Blade 15 2080ti egpu setting on graphics score. In fact I play 4K or even Ray Tracing on better on this ultrabook which is insane imo, that was even before removing power limitation.

amihail91 and jeremyshaw like this.
  2. Thysanoptera

Thysanoptera Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    So did you finally get the late 2019 instead of the early one? Good choice, imho totally worth the extra cash.

If you want some benchmarks with eGPU, this is with 1080Ti inside:
    Firestrike - 21617 (GPU), 12343 (CPU), 16341 total
    Superposition (medium 1080p) - 18904 (141 fps)
    Superposition (extreme 1080p) - 5522 (41.31 fps)
    Valley - 4886 (117 fps)

Firestrike penalizes eGPU a lot, in every single other benchmark, synthetic or game, the stealth with your 2080 will be a lot faster than your old Blade 15 - with the same eGPU or internal 1070.

Joikansai likes this.
  3. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Extra €500 over MX150 (wanted 4K one since FHD was literally downgrade from my old qhd stealth), tempted also with mercury one but for same price with gtx model it was no brain.
    On firestrike pascal is better, I tried every single high end Turing outside latest super one, I believe due dx11 better on old architecture, but not on timespy, dx12. However with 1080ti, i think it should score better, I scored around 22,5k on graphics (1080ti was my old gpu) on my old 2016 stealth, maybe due less ports to control on pch controller, and stealth 2019 has dgpu that took pcie bandwidth already, but TB3 controller is actually on cpu, hmm weird. However thanks for the number I did on synthetic benchmark only 3Dmark atm I’ll take a look on other, so far busy gaming on it with or without egpu. About Blade 15 2018, i still keep it as my main PC (i don’t have Desktop) for the better ports and screen refresh rate/color accuracy. Damn this stealth made me want to sell it, but I’ll try to keep it till next gen gpu out.
    Edit: Just tried OC the gpu 160/1000 and I sit now on 3rd place. Too late here, I’ll try tomorrow sit on top place lol.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
  4. clayton006

clayton006 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    So I have a question for all of you. I got one of these on sale on Amazon. I loved it for the first day. The second day I started playing some games and I had a lot of ghosting and just very low response times. I've been reading around trying to get a feel for if that's just the nature of this panel or not. I'd really like to get one of these again but I don't want to end up with another ghosty display. I got the model with the 1080p panel and read that the 4k panel isn't much better. Any help on this would be appreciated as I'd like to order again today if there is a chance I could get a decent panel.

5. Zorn_

Zorn_ Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Could you post a BIOS file for this, or a guide to how you did it? All the existing stuff seems to be for the 15" models.

6. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    It’s pretty same value with 15 one only a bit under different title I believe, just reverted it to default on other user demand to check default clock frequency. Here’s moded values.

Attached Files:

Frula1 likes this.
  7. Frula1

Frula1 Newbie

Reputations:
    Joikansai,thanks for the screenshot.I just unlocked power limit.I pegged the cpu to 2.8ghz on all cores and undervolted by 80mv.
    Now it beats my old I7-4700mq.This machine now is crazy,now onto undervolting the gpu.Original cpu freq was max 1.4ghz.

Joikansai likes this.
  8. Diversion

Diversion Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    After the BIOS unlock and TDP controls/tricks the new Stealth with 1065g7 is pulling faster multicore than a 9400H powered laptop.. Besting all quad-core 45watt CPUs available today. Pretty awesome.

Zorn_ and Joikansai like this.
  9. Zorn_

Zorn_ Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Not able to PM you, but any way you can send me your BIOS file assuming you have the GTX 1650 Stealth? Thank you!

10. Diversion

Diversion Notebook Deity

Reputations: