Blade stealth late 2019

Discussion in 'Razer' started by Joikansai, Sep 2, 2019.

1. eth3rton

eth3rton Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    That will cost you... can't imagine what this will run if (when) released.

2. JRey

JRey Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I'm able to get 8+ hours of battery when doing general computing and surfing. 30% display brightness, no keyboard backlight, balanced profile, no undervolt (yet).

hiddensanctum and Joikansai like this.
  3. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    There’s battery saver mode in Synapse, I think it’s new on Blade Synapse I saw this somewhere from Razer website.

4. JRey

JRey Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yea, there is. I’ll test that later. For now, I’m doing everything on Balanced since I feel it’ll appeal for most people who are considering this laptop.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. funndamentals

funndamentals Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I've had this laptop for a couple weeks and love it. Trying to make it perfect I popped a samsung evo 970 in and not the fans seem to come on a hell of a lot more and louder. I don't see temps leave the 30's however on the drive itself. I don't remember hearing the fans much at all with the stock harddrive. Plus my battery meter never says more than 3hours now. Before I could see up to 11 with the graphics card disabled.

I have reinstalled all the drivers on Razer's site to no avail. Maybe it is a driver I am missing from I can't fsomewhere else. iI igureonly say tthis because I couldn't control the fan in Synapse until I ran one of those third party driver tools. That fixed it, but didn't install any drivers related to the hard drive.

Any ideas? If I can't figure this out I think I will just go back to the stock drive. It ran almost silent.

6. rinneh

rinneh Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Did you install MSI afterburner? It can wake up your GPU constantly.

7. dab89

dab89 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    hi guys

after much deliberation i decided to treat myself to a Razer Blade Stealth with 1650, 512gb especially after i saw it on amazon for £1499!

it should be arriving today and i was wondering what things can i do to ensure it lasts as long as possible? shall i reformat drive? reinstall drivers? do some undervolting etc?

i havent had a new laptop since i bought my alienware m18x r2 in 2012/13 (still surviving!) apart from work laptops that dont count imo :)

i dont see myself playing the most demanding games...maybe some of the latest Total War games, GTA 5 etc so i dont think ill need max performance...so in that case should i do some undervolting? will i void Razers warranty if i do some thermal pasting?

many thanks in advance! hope everyone had a lovely christmas

8. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yes that model now on sale on amazon and Razer Store in some region. Though it was already overprice at €2K imo. It’s already low voltage cpu I don’t think you need to Undervolte it. I personally never reinstall the windows etc just use it as it’s since it doesn’t come with bloatware, only some candy crush and Synapse. I repasting first time my Razer system was after 2 or 3 years usage, if it has bad temperature out of box I’d just return it, but with stealth so far the temperature is good unlike its big brother 14/15. About repasting if you use similar compound not LM I believe it’ll be fine as long the process doesn’t break other parts or the unit , not quite sure about LM but I know some users who LM the Blade but still get the warranty.

9. dab89

dab89 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thank you for response! Def overpriced at 1800£ but okay at 1500£ if not money squeezed but simply price conscious imo.

Are there any specific tests you recommend running?

This seems like a good review but I'm sure I don't need to run as many tests just want to ensure everything is functioning as intended rather than benchmarking

https://www.theeverydayenthusiast.com/post/review-late-2019-razer-blade-stealth-w--gtx-1650-max-q

Thanks in advance!

10. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    No you don’t need to run all the test imo that’s nice review for reference. I just run 3Dmark time spy and play some games long session work to see that everything is fine. I use HWinfo64 sensor and let it open background to record everything. Since this’s quite impressive that 13 inch form factor can run literally all games quite well. I know there’s some power limitation happening from afterburner and HWinfo64 sensor values, but since it’s mostly on 70ish degrees I didn’t even think to try moding the bios yet, since from old stealth unlocking it not only add performance but also extra heat which I hate but I’m definitely try doing that once I’m bored with games, to play cinebench:D
    I tested also my work and media consumption on it that I used to do from an ultrabook especially for the battery life.