Blade M.2 SSD Performance Review / Swapping Instructions / Cloning

Discussion in 'Razer' started by hfm, Feb 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shnarf

shnarf Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    there wasn't until this came out. its big advertising piece is that its the worlds 1st 1TB m.2 2280 SSD. Anyway, I RMA'd the 2.5" one I got from newegg and just went back a few minutes ago to find another seller, Computer Upgrade King, has dropped the price they had it listed on newegg for. After verifying the listing is definitely for the m.2 version I bought one from that vendor through newegg for $239! it says special savings of $83.21 from that seller. hopefully this one is actually the correct item in m.2 interface/form factor. if it is im glad the first was the wrong item because I just saved about 100 off what I paid initially. Ill update everyone when it arrives.

hfm likes this.
  2. shnarf

Reputations:
    I'm not sure whats going on with finding this drive in stock. I reordered it yesterday through newegg 3rd party vendor Computer Upgrade King and looking at the newegg item page it now says SOLD OUT and not OUT OF STOCK as it normally does when they expect to get more in. I wouldn't be concerned except for the fact that on my account orders page its still saying its in "order verification" and has been for a day now. I don't know if its to do with being sold by a 3rd party, but generally my order is past that point and my card is charged within a couple hours. My card hasn't been charged yet which makes me feel like they might just cancel my order and say it was listed in error or some garbage like that. Ill update this post when the order status changes. I can say I will be pretty damn mad if I get screwed out of my order again while still waiting for my money back on the 1st one I ordered when they sent me the 2.5" version.

3. shnarf

Reputations:
    Well my 2nd order from newegg just got voided out with no reason given after sitting in verification for 3 days. I'm SOO PISSED. calling them tomorrrow to see if I can get them to honor the price when they do eventually come in stock. after all I did buy it twice to have the wrong item shipped once requiring an RMA and a second time that Sat for 3 days before they just cancel it for no reason. I also got a screenshot of the listing and it says price match in the corner. I think they should match their own price I paid and was voided when it comes in stock if it lists for more than I paid this last time.

4. Sdlazyboy

Sdlazyboy Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  5. dos101

dos101 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I just upgraded to the 1TB X400 from the stock 512GB SSD. Happy with it so far, and got a bit of a write boost too (not that I notice it outside of crystaldiskmark).

Other than benchmarking I doubt you'd notice the difference between the Sandisk and the Samsung.

Ares5000 likes this.
  6. Ares5000

Ares5000 Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks for the heads up! Ill have to grab one of the X400s!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.