Blade 15 with Razer RMA for over 2 months and no sign of when I'll get it back

Discussion in 'Razer' started by sleepysnake, Apr 20, 2020.

1. alex_123_fra

alex_123_fra Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hmm, disappointing to hear these stories. I'm having the same issue with a Razer EU. The laptop (Blade 15 Mercury White) has already been RMAed to Germany once after BSODing constantly. They replaced the SSD but the problem persists. The CPU now also massively overheats and it still BSODs. I started this process in May/June and no sign of them even issuing another solution. No new RMA number. Just get batted around from one support person to another and none of them even read the notes/history on the thread.

2. TheodoreT

TheodoreT Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Sorry to hear for your issue, being in a similar situation for almost 8 months now (yes I am still in the RMA process) I really feel your frustration. Patience and try to break their balls as much as you can if possible, e.g. sending them mails and contact their chat support every day, write in their social, etc...

alex_123_fra likes this.
  3. sleepysnake

sleepysnake Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    How are you all getting on with your current issues?

I thought my story had a happy ending but now the replacement unit has constant BSODs while gaming. I have isolated it to a hardware issue after many driver installs, and recover to factory recovery image. Sadly I'm now out of warranty and do not want to pay Razer $1000 or more for a motherboard replacement and wait 3 months for the repair.
    See https://www.reddit.com/r/razer/comments/js6yzk/6_month_old_out_of_warranty_razer_blade_15/

4. TheodoreT

TheodoreT Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Are you sure that your warranty was not renewed since you got a new replacement unit?

5. sleepysnake

sleepysnake Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    It was brand new as far as I could tell. No marks anywhere, factory packaging as my original unit, and it was manufactured only a few months before I received it.

I am in conversation with Razer requesting more than 20% off the repair. Debating whether to buy a much cheaper but still expensive used motherboard from ebay at $1000 USD after shipping and import.

6. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    If you live in Germany, there’s call support, I’d contact them to get things faster. Not sure how they work today but like 2 years ago, they work quite fast handling my case. Better than waiting Mail respond imo.