Blade 15 with Razer RMA for over 2 months and no sign of when I'll get it back

Discussion in 'Razer' started by sleepysnake, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Shark00n

Shark00n Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Well, nothing but radio silence from Razer EU for a week now.

2. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Don't wait, keep calling them like through call support or chat, if you want I can ask your case progress I know someone inside...if you don't bother PM me your case number.

Terreos likes this.
  3. Terreos

Terreos Royal Guard

Reputations:
    Definitely take @Joikansai advice and bombard them with calls and messages. Last time I was dealing with them I was doing that and made a Reddit thread about it and made a lot of commotion. They got me sorted out the same day I did that. They’ll do anything to silence you once it becomes public like that. Not exactly the most civil way of doing things, but it does work. :confused:

saturnotaku likes this.
  4. Shark00n

Shark00n Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Thanks guys. I messaged them again and they said in the next 24 hours the issue will be sorted. Let's see.
    If not I'll take you up on that @Joikansai , thanks again

Joikansai and Terreos like this.
  5. TheodoreT

TheodoreT Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    For what it is worth and to give an update for my case, today and finally after 6 months got a new unit (shipped from Hong Kong with an assembly date 04/2020) with the same layout as my original purchase (I was very welcome to that). However, guess what? the same two issues are there to the new unit as well, especially the high pitch noise on microphone output.

I've just sent them another email, I am not expecting anything else to be honest since it seems to be a generic problem on the OLED batch units (I guess a hardware failure or something). I've wasted extremely too much time and effort, if they are willing to do anything else, good, if not I guess I'll have to leave with it.

6. Shark00n

Shark00n Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Finally got my Blade Pro back last week.
    Panel was correctly replaced with a 240Hz unit. Which is luckily a very good one at that. Pretty much non existant light bleeds and no dead pixels. Also no weird blotches this time ^^

All in all took almost 10 weeks.
    The turnaround time from when the laptop was shipped, fixed, and shipped back was pretty fast at about a week for both times.
    Can't really complain about that. Plus the free Fed Ex pickup and express shipping was very much appreciated.
    Still, replacing a 240hz screen with a 144hz unit and shipping it back to me was a big mistake in the first place...

Online support was what slowed it down. They were helpful but I got bounced around a lot talking with different people. Took a while for them to recognize the mistake and have it shipped back.

Fingers crossed it's the last time I need them.

TheodoreT and saturnotaku like this.
  7. TheodoreT

Reputations:
    Nice, I wish you everything goes well and you don't need them again ;).

Indeed their online support is extremely slow, I am on the waiting two weeks now for a shipping label, sending them emails, etc... no response so far. I hope they can improve on this in the future as well as to the QA.

8. cliptags

cliptags Newbie

Reputations:
    I’m having an eerily similar experience. Am 10 weeks into an RMA and being told that they are “trying to find stock in the warehouse”. Have just started kicking off on Twitter and Reddit so hopefully that helps. Shouldn’t have to do that though!!

9. SUADE8880

SUADE8880 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I had a major difference in customer service experience than you guys. Hope you guys get yours resolved real soon.

Either I got lucky or maybe the experience is different from region to region as I'm located in the US.
    I got a brand new replacement in exactly two weeks due to a faulty motherboard. If it wasn't for the shipping time involved, I would had it faster.

I was really impressed on how quickly my Razer Blade was determined that it needed a replacement and how responsive they were to get me a returned label (2 days). Once it got back to them, it only took them another 2 days to have it approved and to have another one shipped out to me. However, knowing the facts about their poor customer service, I did contacted them everyday (web chat) to stay on top of them and each time they pulled through with their promises and updates. I am more impressed with Razer's customer service than my Asus that took nearly a month to get back.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
  10. TheodoreT

Reputations:
    Give them pain on the social, they do not understand otherwise.

Being in US could possibly make a difference indeed since I guess it is easier for them to address things and also I guess the repair center might be better from the one they are collaborating in Germany at least.

I do not know what to say, for me still after 7 months that I've started the initial RMA still fighting to get my problem resolved. At the moment, the replacement unit has been also sent to the pits since it was facing the same problems as my original unit and I am awaiting their response.