Blade 15 with Razer RMA for over 2 months and no sign of when I'll get it back

Discussion in 'Razer' started by sleepysnake, Apr 20, 2020.

1. TheodoreT

TheodoreT Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Well @sleepysnake, I am glad that it worked out for you at the end. In my case I am getting into the 5th month dealing with their support with 3 RMAs already, almost 3,5 months not able to use my unit and still until now fighting to find a solution to my issue. Thus, as you can see it can get worse :p.

To be honest, though I am tired and frustrated with all this, with their behavior they made me so stubborn to take it to the end that if it doesn't not work (my warranty ends on the beginning of July) I will even sue them for not respecting their commitment to warranty.

Do you know if with the new unit your warranty is renewed?

2. Shark00n

Shark00n Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    So I'm also having a blast of a Razer support experience...

Blade Pro 2019 had a weird stain like blotch on the screen, right in the middle, from day one. Pretty distracting.
    Created a RMA process on the 14th of April.
    Was quickly confirmed and sent a FedEX shipping label, already paid for by Razer.
    Only managed to send the unit on May 5th.
    Got it today, took 20 days. Not bad considering I'm in Portugal and the laptop had to go to Germany for repair.
    They said the screen was replaced.

And it was, with the wrong one...

[​IMG]

Got a 144Hz screen instead of the original 240Hz that the unit shipped with, just great.

Looking forward to waiting another 20 days to get it back...

sigh

Terreos likes this.
  3. TheodoreT

Reputations:
    Brief update on my side, we are reaching to 5 months and still my issue is not resolved.

Razer, after me asking to come in contact with a senior representative offered to replace my blade (since apparently they cannot solve the issue, since it is motherboard related), but guess what two weeks now they were trying to convince me to get a German (QWERZ) layout instead of the US (QWERTY) layout that I've bought. The excuse is, that they have run out of US layout stock (seriously?), which I do not believe of course (finally they weren't, afterwards they informed me that the US layouts are only available in North America region and since I am located in Germany I can get only German, seriously again?). My guess is that they want to empty their German layout stock considering that the Blade 2020 is announced already.

In any case I have kindly refused three times since I do not want a German layout and I've not paid >3k to get something else. As I explicitly explain to them I could have bought my blade from Germany (with better warranty terms) but I didn't because they couldn't offer me the US layout which I explicitly wanted.

Now they have told me that if they will proceed with a forth repair, and now I am waiting to get the shipping labels to sent my unit in once more. My god, what a nightmare and what a poor support.

4. Terreos

Terreos Royal Guard

Reputations:
    Guess they figured you wouldn’t notice? That’s terrible though. Probably a lot of them left over since no one is buying them after the release of the 240hz panels. Hopefully they get it right the next time.

That’s terrible that after 5 months they still haven’t fixed your issue. I don’t even know how they have the gull to tell you that you can’t have a replacement of the same keyboard type that you bought. To me that makes no sense at all. None. If you bought a US layout keyboard then that’s what you get as a replacement.

It’s really sad to me to see stories like this. I really want to see them get their act together, but I can’t see that happening if things like this are still happening.

5. Shark00n

Shark00n Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    You would think so. Still no reply from Razer since the 25th of May. Luckily I'm not really moving around a whole lot and have my desktop for work and play, if not I'd be furious.

6. TheodoreT

Reputations:
    @Terreos I do not know mate, but seriously I am done with them. This was the worst support I've ever had, I will think it very carefully to buy a laptop from them again. I will try to solve this as long as it takes (well beginning of July the warranty period of 1 year ends, so they might want to postpone it as much as possible so that if the problem persists even after the next repair to tell me well now you need to pay yourself to have it fixed. I really believe they can tell me that).

It is hilarious, they have me now for one week waiting for getting this new shipping label to send in my machine for another repair, the 4th in a row, since I refused to get a German layout replacement and every two days I am getting this usual boiler plate reply from them about how sorry they are for the delay and that they are trying their best to arrange the issue. If you ask me this a bull*****t service.

Now why they cannot replace my unit with a US layout, that's also something I cannot answer. Actually, for all these times they've paid for shipping my unit back and forth it will be cheaper to send me a new unit from US, I really do not know what to say go figure.

7. TheodoreT

Reputations:
    Well for me, it was my working machine which I couldn't use for almost 3 months. I guess you understand that these three months had an affect on my working performance and guess what, they did not give a sh**t about it when I mentioned it to them and even now after 5 months of hassle they still keep making my life hard instead of trying to help me as fast as possible. Anyways, lesson learned.

You know respect and recognition is something that you earn from your customers and for sure they are not on the right path for that, and this in long term will have an impact for their sales if not already considering the complaints that I read around and as other companies are catching up with what they can offer as similar products and build quality.

Last edited: May 30, 2020
  8. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Where did you get US keyboard here in Germany, reseller or from US? They’re the support apparently separated between EU and US mixing them might slow down the progress. So far I know their repair center here doesn’t have US unit, it should be handled on factory based in Hongkong which might make things longer since apparently headquarters guy should recheck that.

9. TheodoreT

Reputations:
    Bought it from amazon.com and had it shipped over here since I wanted explicitly a US layout unit.

However this is not an excuse, actually it is a really cheap excuse. Imagine that I was living in US and have bought the laptop while I was there and then for any kind of reason, e.g. due to work, had to move to another place in the planet. Should they have offered me the layout that is closest to this place? That's a bad policy, and at the end I do not think that it would be a problem let's say to ship a US unit from Hong Kong to Germany if not from US. Let's be serious, if you want to be named a good company these things should not be a problem.

We've discussed about it on the thread that I have opened in the RAZER forum (https://insider.razer.com/index.php?threads/do-you-guys-get-this-in-your-blades-as-well.55990/). Now also on top of that noise I am getting a crackling/scratch noise every now and then coming from the inner part of the machine.

Actually today I finally got the shipping label for their repair center in Hamburg (like all the previous 3 times), I am gonna ship it on Tuesday since on Monday is a holiday. Let's see whether they will fix if finally this time or we will have another round in the series. I hope they replace the board this time because I do not see any other way to solve these issues.

10. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Of course it’s big problem that you’ve also to take the risk. Razer support departments, in every region has different rights on handling cases I remember writing in support ticket in english with no reply after asking CS in Hamburg they said it’s not their right to handle that but it’s US support apparently so they made new ticket EU for me, same with yours probably it involved a lot departments, EU support, headquarters and probably factory in Hongkong. I’m not defending Razer, but it’s their way to traces cases. The best way to buy such gaming “risk” laptops is having support around, I meant from where you bought. If you’re in US it’ll be same day replacement from Amazon I believe, here on Amazon.de as well. Razer return procedur is known long so Poeple buying from 3rd party for avoiding that including me on last Blade (late 2019 stealth) purchase. Regardless hope you’ll get it back to your door soon.