Blade 15 2020

Discussion in 'Razer' started by Joikansai, Apr 2, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Darkhan

Darkhan Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    well with the new Razer 17 announced I ordered a 4k 120hz 1tb 2080 super, Looks like it may ship out today?

I will compare the 17 and 15 and keep which one I like best but the 120hz 4k has me pulling that way.

Joikansai and alaskajoel like this.
  2. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yes that 120Hz 4K is also my next lappy upgrade but have to wait till Blade 15 die and prefer mercury version and mechanical opto keys honestly. On Germany Store 4K one is still notify me though only on US is available.
    Early review from Apple reviewer about pro FHD model if you don’t see it yet.

Darkhan likes this.
  3. Darkhan

Darkhan Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I would agree as I love the silver look, but I got one last year and returned it, for me the silver and the white keys seem to be bland and don't pop the colors of the keyboard like the black does.

Joikansai likes this.
  4. amihail91

amihail91 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Let us know what the cooling sitch is with these new builds - have they changed anything inside?

5. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Notebookcheck has reviewed base model with Oled and rtx 2070maxq mercury. That’s new on base model, inside I’d say bigger weird room where main nvme now slot beside the battery, you can hide something small there LoL.:D
    https://www.notebookcheck.net/2020-...h-Gen-Intel-Comet-Lake-H-Update.465895.0.html

Darkhan likes this.
  6. Darkhan

Darkhan Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    tracking has the 17 arriving the 28th and the 15 tomorrow. Hopefully thermals are decent out of the box then I will do a repaste.

7. IKAS V

IKAS V Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Can you compare fan noise on both models. Looking forward to impressions.

Darkhan likes this.
  8. Joikansai

Joikansai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    You can also ask this guy about fans loudness he said playing rtx minecraft is quite audible, come back on user preference.

Darkhan likes this.
  9. Darkhan

Darkhan Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    only Have the 15 so far, but the noise is better than any other 15 I have had to date, very smooth and not high pitched.

Performance though seems weak, My firestrike score is about 500 point higher on my Aero 17 GPU with 2080 max -q vs the super max-q. Temps are fantastic, and you can UV with XTU but the cpu no matter how high I set the power limits, power throttles and never gets over 4.1 normally stays around 3.3 which explains why temps are so good.
    I am hoping a bios release will address this issue as the laptop could handle thermals. Best r20 score I have gotten was 3420 which is Meh! And yes I have CPU maxed and GPU in Synapse.

With CPU set to High in synapse its PL1 is 60 and PL2 is 80. No matter what I change those to it does not seem to matter so meaning its probably locked those? However in UV anything -140 and up causes crashes. So appears UV works?

Last edited: May 24, 2020 at 8:54 AM
    IKAS V likes this.
  10. Darkhan

Darkhan Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    After some more testing, it appears that Razer has limited the CPU to 78c. Time and time again all my test conclude that as soon as the cpu hits 78c it downclocks to 3.1. Thermal throttle never lights up so it's something they have put in there code?

This one will go back Thursday and I will test the 17 then.

Last edited: May 24, 2020 at 10:21 PM