Blackberry KEYone

Discussion in 'Smartphones and Tablets' started by Phoenix, Jan 24, 2017.

1. H.A.L. 9000

H.A.L. 9000 Occam's Chainsaw

Reputations:
    That's a big thing for the Blackberry brand. Maybe if they can break back into the US market, we'll see more devices from them on US carriers in the future. I do feel like they're really trying to bring the Blackberry name back, and the KEYone is a great start.

hmscott, Phoenix and jaug1337 like this.
  2. kojack

kojack Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Everytime I walk by the Bell kiosk in my local mall, that KeyOne just screams look at me!!!!! If apple does nothing cool this time around...I think I'm going to get the KeyOne.

jaug1337, hmscott and Phoenix like this.
  3. H.A.L. 9000

H.A.L. 9000 Occam's Chainsaw

Reputations:
    Phoenix, jaug1337 and hmscott like this.
  4. kojack

kojack Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yes. It will. Even though the silver is "different" in this day and age of dark grey/black/blue bricks.

5. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    After going back and forth between a few phones like the HTC U11 then the Galaxy S8. I sold them all and bought another BlackBerry KeyOne but this time the Black Edition which has 4GB of RAM instead of 3 GB and 64GB of internal storage instead of 32GB.

I missed the physical keyboard when after selling my initial BlackBerry KeyOne and kept getting frustrated with making so many mistakes while typing fast on a touch screen keyboard and I missed the 2 day battery life so I bought it again......... love this phone so much!

[​IMG]

6. killkenny1

killkenny1 Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Reputations:
    Inb4 selling it again and buying another 5 phones :D

I'm kinda torn between two phones right now. I like what LG V30 has to offer, but on the other hand Keyone has keyboard and BB Hub, two features that I got used to on my Q10... Decisions, decisions...

Phoenix and hmscott like this.
  7. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    well I don't know how hooked you are to the Physical Keyboard like I am but trust me, no matter how much you get used to a virtual keyboard, you will NEVER type with the same precision as you would on a physical one. Then comes the battery life this battery just doesn't wanna every die!! :eek: I've been using the phone non-stop since the morning on whatsapp messenger so like the screen was on all the time, like 3 hours of constant hammering and I'm still at 68%

If this was my Galaxy S8 it would be at 30% by now

Then you plug it in to the fast charger and baam, you're at a 100% in no time. Also the standby time of this phone is superb! it stays at 100% for a loooooooooong time

The camera is also great. One big gripe that I hated with the Galaxy S8 is, if you set the resolution to 1080P/60 FPS, there is a video limit of 10 mins for each video you so you can't shoot a long video. With the KeyOne there is such limit (and yes I have tried on my S8 to switch the storage to my external SD Card which is 128GB but no luck)

killkenny1 likes this.
  8. jaug1337

jaug1337 de_dust2

Reputations:
    Well my BlackBerry Passport isn't really holding up much longer... so going to wait until it dies or is EOL.

Phoenix likes this.
  9. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    are you getting a KeyOne? If yes, are you getting the silver one of Black Edition one?

10. jaug1337

jaug1337 de_dust2

Reputations:
    If I were to get one, it would be the black edition one.

Phoenix likes this.