BlackBerry KEY2

Discussion in 'Smartphones and Tablets' started by Phoenix, May 25, 2018.

1. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    This is a BlackBerry thread so I won't answer your question.

with that said, I've ordered a Black Edition 128GB variant of the Key2 which should arrive in July.

What sealed the deal for me is not only the keyboard is bigger and easier to type on from the reviews I've seen, but it also has a dual camera setup for Portrait Mode. That's all I need, a physical keyboard, great battery, and camera.

Starlight5 likes this.
  2. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Fair enough.
    But you will switch to s9+ very early since you are used to SteelSeries mech. keyboard which is a joy to type if I correct?

3. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:

Vasudev likes this.
  4. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Just got my BlackBerry Key2 2 weeks ago and I have yet to use it as I am patiently waiting for my case to arrive.

Today I turned it on just to check for updates so that when I do want to use it, it's already up to date and I got offered a new system update with the size of 483.3 MB

This is the international unlocked Black 128GB Key2 bought from AXIOM in Dubai

OS Build now says ABC432 and the Android Security Patch is July 1

I haven't used the phone before so I can't really comment but one thing that I did use and that DID improve is.

You see, the fingerprint scanner was really flimsy, I had to press it hard for it to work and most of the time it wouldn't work even.

Now after the update, it was still the same so I deleted my fingerprint and re-registered it and now it works every time! So happy about this as this was a major let down for me from my initial impressions of the device.

Vasudev likes this.
  5. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
  6. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Been using the Key2 for 2 days. First impressions, the keyboard is stellar, the best keyboard ever made by BlackBerry. The next best thing is the battery life, it just never dies no matter how much I use the phone, I always end the night between 50-60% left.

7. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    How do you use so many phones and keep track of everything at the same time?

8. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Because I'm a Phoenix [​IMG]