BLACK LIST. Adjustable voltage control/turbo ratio limits are locked out due latest Win Update/Bios

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by Papusan, Dec 24, 2019.

1. Robbo99999

Robbo99999 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Thanks @Papusan , I didn't know anything about this - I'll be keeping an eye out for any firmware updates from my motherboard vendor, and I'll be thinking twice before blindly installing firmware....I need my CPU to remain overclocked!

Papusan likes this.
  2. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Did you find anything in reliability monitor?
    You’re welcome brother:)

Ashtrix and Mr. Fox like this.
  3. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    See what I posted here... Windows 10 is a Satanic piece of _____ operating system.
    They take liberties we don't even know about. Their behavior is tantamount to molesting someone that is in a coma and the person responsible for it is worthy of death by lethal injection or electrocution. They are unworthy of every breath they take.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 26, 2019
    raz8020, jc_denton and Papusan like this.
  4. aarpcard

aarpcard Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Is it only the -185mV undervolt that is unstable now, or all levels of undervolt?

5. Papusan

Reputations:
    Want even more help with your drivers?:vbbiggrin:

“Windows Update will automatically keep your drivers up to date, but if you’re having a problem, one of those optional drivers might help”

Microsoft Working to Move Driver Updates to the Settings App in Windows 10

Read also more about the failed OS in here...
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...nd-announcements.826887/page-31#post-10978296

6. Ashtrix

Ashtrix ψυχή υπεροχή

Reputations:
    What a disaster. 100% sure that Intel is shaking and in order to push the so called fix, they botch the whole UV and control from the end user. And yeah, M$ as usual pushing filth to the end users on Home / Pro to test as guinea pigs and then push the stable updates to the Enterprise editions. As if they care about any ounce of user control or even user knowledgeable enough to use their own frigging PC. However the Enterprises lock down the updates through a massive Workspace layer and Group Policy modifications and Administrator controls which from Win10 lacks for end user. We can't do shiz when the users are utter dumb about anything related to an OS.

I'm surprised on the previous page's post by @jc_denton LTSC botching itself up ? That's some next level mental torture. I was going to move to LTSC eventually but this is very bad...
    We own nothing ?

Doesn't effect Haswell. Only SKL and up. And yep No use from going A14+ and infact downgrading from 22 to microcode version 17 will enable that Haswell bug.

But yeah quote from below..

LMAO !

Checking with OEM, haha Dell locks down sBIOS to what extent we know esp on Area 51M and they even made the AlienFX to UWP dumpster fire, as if any OEM cares. ASUS locks down rPGA sockets on Ryzen CPUs, MSI cancer NOS system. Forget that Intel's cTDP nonsense and BGA junk are also part of this mess, add the Windows "Modern Standby", Auto update .. ..

[​IMG]

Protecting your Intel CPU from Plundervolt attacks can ruin your overclock, maybe

What a sad news, Throttlestop on BGA trash to K series and old CPUs.. which is used by so many users is going to die because Intel couldn't come up with a proper fix ? Damn it. I stayed out of AMD build this year only because of unstable BIOS they had and stupid clocks like Nvidia and extravagant pricing for Gen4 tax. If Intel is also going this route then the future looks very very bad.

This is an insult to Intelligence itself.

Thank you @Papusan for this. I hope many will see and become aware of this BS and make noise so that Intel must have to come up with a better solution instead of using a small screw driver, using a big rock.

Duck W, raz8020, jc_denton and 3 others like this.
  7. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    It is difficult for them to respect our intelligence when they do not possess any.
    [​IMG]

Duck W, raz8020, jc_denton and 5 others like this.
  8. jc_denton

jc_denton BGA? What a shame.

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

Driver updates are turned off. I did noticed that when i opened up o&o10 it notified me that changes had been made, mainly "Disable automatic Windows updates (2 out of 2) was disabled.
    Now this is interesting.

9. Papusan

Reputations:
    Do you use WPD in combination with WUB, Network connections as metered and O&O shutup10 ? As well always check Network connections is as metered when you connect to a new.

See also
    StopUpdates10 — New tool to stop Windows Updates But will come with an disadvantage as unwanted task.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2019
  10. jc_denton

jc_denton BGA? What a shame.

Reputations:
    Didn't use WPD with o&o10, and it wasnt set to metered when it happened. I did try it now with WPD, and now you cannot toggle it at all.
    [​IMG]

Ashtrix, Mr. Fox and Papusan like this.