BLACK LIST 2. Adjustable voltage control/turbo ratio limits locked out - Affected 10th gen notebooks

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by Papusan, Jun 14, 2020.

1. XMG

XMG Company Representative

Reputations:
    We have enabled BIOS Undervolting in the PC50 series (KEY 15 in our brand, see KEY 15 launch thread on Reddit) as a customization. I don't see future microcode updates for PC50Dx on any roadmap yet, but who knows what's gonna happen in the future. We don't want to put too much pressure on our contacts, but we will monitor the situation and test each new future BIOS and Microcode update to make sure it still supports our Undervolting implementation before we release it.

The 3 updates from my earlier post were all for Coffee Lake and might be unrelated to Undervolting.

Cheers,
    Tom

2. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    These microcodes address intel security mitigation issues. Unfortunately, anything "C6" and newer have a performance hit even if you have all security migitation settings disabled in the registry/inspectre etc and even on old versions of windows that are not mitigation aware.. ( https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ive-execution-side-channel-vulnerabilities-in )

As far as I know, blocking undervolting has nothing to do with microcode anything but with disabling an XTU setting in hidden menus in the BIOS (which is why it can be re-enabled on MSI laptops).

3. custom90gt

custom90gt Doc Mod Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Looks like the HP Pavilion 16.1 is a no go for undervolting (at 3:20):