Bios mod needed...

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by KY_BULLET, Oct 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KY_BULLET

KY_BULLET Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I just bought a GTX 680m upgrade kit for my Sager NP9280 (D900F) off Eurocom. The VBIOS has the right revision for Clevo (P370EM3....80.04.67.00.01) but, I can't install the Nvidia driver (387.92) for it because Nvidia update can't find the 680m.

If you think it could be something else, let me know what I need to do. Also when I go into device manager, it just shows Standard VGA for Windows or something like that. I can't find the 680m anywhere. Although, CPUZ recognizes it? GPUZ or HWmonitor does not see it.

My bios is on the latest "factory revision" available which is 1.00.09 and my EC is 1.00.04. This is more tham likely my problem since this only supports the 480m. I need a @Prema bios for my machine but he's a hard man to get up with. I know he has or had one from doing a search on NBR. I will throw some cash his way if he comes through for me.

If anyone can help me out, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm sure Eurocom will get back to me sooner or later but it's the weekend and going all weekend without my machine is a tough one to swallow.

Thanks,
    Charlie

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
  2. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Guest

Reputations:
    You need to mod your nvidia driver. I can help you out, just do the following:
    - Tell me which Windows version you're running (7, 8, 8.1,10 or 10C)
    - Go to your device manager, rightclick the GTX 680M, properties, details, look for hardware ID, copy the hardware ID and post it here.
    Once u done that I can make you a custom .inf file. and tell u what to do.

KY_BULLET likes this.
  3. TheReciever

TheReciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    I know its off topic for the thread but curious if the X5650 works in your laptop.

Otherwise yeah, just need to mod the inf in the driver and should be good to go.

Some people go to a website for it, some recommend against it. I never had the need to so far but I believe it was called laptopvideo2go or something along those lines.

KY_BULLET likes this.
  4. KY_BULLET

Reputations:
    I'm on Windows 7, I will check the device manager in the morning. But it's not showing up in device manager. Only shows VGA.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

5. KY_BULLET

Reputations:
    Pretty sure it will work. I seen on other sites that I can run Xeon 5500-5600 series.

6. TheReciever

TheReciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    If you ever went that route, if your laptop allows overclocking (Im ignorant to that model) then you might be able to hit 4.0Ghz consider some desktops take it as far as 5.2Ghz

Should be an interesting thought for later should you consider it.

KY_BULLET likes this.
  7. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Guest

Reputations:
    the VGA card is your GTX 680M, just give me the hardware of that device.

KY_BULLET likes this.
  8. hacktrix2006

hacktrix2006 Hold My Vodka, I going to kill my GPU

Reputations:
    You could use @j95 drivers. Just under Game and software and look for 387.92 Findings.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

KY_BULLET likes this.
  9. KY_BULLET

Reputations:
    Here is a screen shot of it. [​IMG]

10. KY_BULLET

Reputations:
    I was thinking about doing that upgrade next or try the i7 990X. It can be overclocked now but only by turning up the multiplier using Intel extreme tuning utility. Bios is locked.

11. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Guest

Reputations:
    Alright follow the instructions:
    - Turn off your notebook or restart it, tap F8 until you get into the startup options from windows (safe mode etc.)
    [​IMG]
    - Start with "Disable driver Signature enforcement"
    - Download the this driver from Nvidia
    - Once the install automaticly starts after you extracted it, cancel it (once u press cancel it will take a bit until it actually cancels)
    - Go to the folder you installed your Nvidia driver (typically C:/NVIDIA/DIsplayDriver/387.92/Win8_Win7_64/International/Display.Driver)
    - Download the file I attached, unzip it, replace it with the old one.
    - Start setup, at some point windows will ask you if you want to install the non signature driver, and you click on "yes I'm sure."
    - After install reboot your system.
    - Enjoy your GTX 680M

You can also check the device manager if it installed it properly if you want :p:D

Attached Files:

KY_BULLET likes this.
  12. KY_BULLET

Reputations:
    Still get the same error message[​IMG]

13. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Guest

Reputations:
    Did you replace the .inf file in Display.Driver and not put the zip file in? it's important that you put the .inf file in the right folder.

If you did everything as written and it still give syou that error then use the file I put into attachement. It should work then. It seems that you have Windows 7 SP 1 and not windows 7.

Attached Files:

KY_BULLET likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.