Bios & EC Update for Aero 15X v8

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by drieschel, Aug 2, 2019.

1. drieschel

drieschel Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Bios FB09 & EC F008 for Aero 15X v8 came out today. Does someone know what was fixed with the updates? I am missing the changelog. Anyway, I successfully updated my laptop.

2. drieschel

Reputations:
    @g85222456
    Can you help me with the changelog for the bios & ec update? I really want to know the changes (updates & fixes).

3. Anderkor

Anderkor Newbie

Reputations:
    It makes yours ucb-c stop working)

4. custom90gt

custom90gt Doc Mod Super Moderator

Reputations:
    Yeah I wish they had a changelog, I don't understand why they don't. I will try USB-C to see if mine still works...

5. makku

makku Newbie

Reputations:
    It seems must have some widespread issues as the latest BIOS was pulled from the website. Now I can only see the previous one (v8)

6. drieschel

Reputations:
    I flashed the new "old" version (FB08 / F007) from the 7th of August and now the ports of my docking station on the thunderbolt 3 port seem to work. But there seem to be still something wrong with the NVIDIA gpu in conjunction with displays which are connected to the docking station.

Edit: The problem with the NVIDIA gpu only occurs when moren than one display is connected to the docking station.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  7. drieschel

Reputations:
    I just installed the new bios FB0A & ec F008. The thunderbold 3 docking station seems to work. But it's still working less good as with the old bios. With bios FB08 & ec F007 the nvidia gpu worked when there was one display connected to the docking station (as I stated in the last post). Now it's only working when no display is connected to the docking station.

8. Rar9

Rar9 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I don't understand why gigabyte does not simply post a changlog so everyone can decide if updating makes sense.

9. drieschel

Reputations:
    Not exactly sure what I've changed. But now it's working with all displays connected to the docking station. I did not update any drivers in the meantime and it's still the new bios FB0A & ec F008. Except 3dmark seems to crash the docking station when one or more displays are connected. But I do not care about synthetic benchmarks.^^ Anyway, will have an eye on it and report if I find out something.

Conclusion for the moment: It's worth to update the bios.

10. drieschel

Reputations:
    I think that I found the reason why the external displays (which are connected to the thunderbolt 3 docking station) sometimes work and sometimes not with the nvidia gpu (dgpu): It seems to be a bug in Windows! Everytime when the internal display is set as the primary display, I can use the external displays for the output of the dgpu. But when I use one of the external displays as primary display, then the dgpu does not work. According to >this< post in the display link forum, Microsoft wants to release an optional update on the 27th of August which fixes this problem.

Conclusion again: bios FB0A as well as ec F008 seem to work pretty well!

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
    tiredmeliorist likes this.