Bimmer Killer

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by usapatriot, Apr 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. usapatriot

usapatriot Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    I would still quite like a 2011 Mustang GT.

2. Trottel

Trottel Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    IDK. I'm not a big fan. I was at the NY auto show yesterday and they even had a GT500 you could sit in. It just felt cheap. I was really surprised how the feel of the interior of many cars didn't correlate to a high degree with their cost. They also had a mustang GT on its side so that you could get a great look at the bottom of the car. That was pretty neat.

3. flipfire

flipfire Moderately Boss

Reputations:
    Grounding kits are for older cars to restore deteriorating grounding points or a car with bad grounding. You can make one for cheaper instead of buying an expensive grounding kit, you just need to know the points in your car.

Might require witchcraft, bring the sacrificial goat out

4. Levenly

Levenly Grappling Deity

Reputations:
    the 2011 gt also has ~400 hp and the 2011 v6 has ~300 hp.

i would sure love a 2011 gt with a blower on it. such easy power out of that thing.

5. 07torchgt

07torchgt Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    actually the 2011 GT won't boost very well. its a high compression motor(11.5:1)... boost on the high of compression spells disaster... however... it will be a bolt on and nitrous monster... if you throw in some dished pistons to lower the compression to around 9-9.5:1 it will be a boost monster too...

6. houstoned

houstoned Yoga Pants Connoisseur.

Reputations:
    u v8 guys and yur easy power...:mad:

my next car will have a v8 tho...it just won't be american ;)

7. K-TRON

K-TRON Hi, I'm Jimmy Diesel ^_^

Reputations:
    Houstoned/Trottel,
    you are only fooling yourself if you think that there is no difference. Look at any natural versus turbocharged engine. The turbocharged engine is completely re-engineered all of the way down to the connecting rods up through the valve springs. The engineers do not do this for no reason, they do this to make a reliable product which can perform as intended by quality control. Sure you can slap a turbo on a natural engine, and it will work, but it will NEVER be a true Turbocharged engine. It will be lacking in all of the other sectors. There is a huge difference and you know it. Go to any engine forum, and they will tell you the same. If you say otherwise, than you are looking at the wrong sources for your information.

K-TRON

8. Trottel

Trottel Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Lol. Now you are just putting words in my mouth. :rolleyes:

First of all, "completely re-engineered all of the way down to the connecting rods up through the valve springs" is an oxymoron.

I think the fact that there are reputable companies selling complete kits and/or willing to do the work to boost many engines without modifying the internals kind of 'blows' your thesis out the tailpipe. Plus, zillions of people who aren't the clueless nitwits you presume them to be turbocharge and supercharge engines that were never designed for forced induction. There are a plethora of aftermarket parts designed for this purpose. Maybe you should get your head out of your favorite detroit diesel forum and take a look at what people are doing and the options available in the real world.

9. 07torchgt

07torchgt Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    wow man, just wow... why didnt you reply to me lol... go ahead and tell me i'm wrong.. certain NA engines are better suited to be boosted than others but needless to say. you can boost an NA engine safely as long as the compression isn't too high... boost levels will vary greatly though... take a stock 3V modular ford 4.6... there are many many many cars out there running the accepted safe level of boost which is 10 pounds and running over 100k miles with no problems... keep living under a rock big guy

10. millermagic

millermagic Rockin the pinktop

Reputations:
    I guess I'm seeing both sides here.

Yeah, if you're going to beat on it hard and run a lot of boost, you are going to want forged internals, bigger injectors, etc.

Yet, there are a lot of people who run a little boost on their stock engine and have no problems. If I was going to drive a FI vehicle, I'd want the engine built up a bit.

On my car's engine - ford vulcan - the ranger guys can safely run a turbo or super charger on it without anything bad happening. And when they do have problems it's because the computer or stock injectors can't keep up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.