BGA Wireless card [Samsung]

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by Mobius 1, Mar 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    LOL, that's the perfect way to look at this, too. No freedom... no choices on what matters most.

Rei Fukai and Papusan like this.
  2. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Aka One fits all:(
    [​IMG]

TBoneSan and Mr. Fox like this.
  3. iunlock

iunlock 7980XE @ 5.4GHz

Reputations:
    That's interesting. The issue isn't really with the Killer card itself (well kind of), it's more so the bloated software suite that most people install instead of the individual driver itself.

Also, the Killer cards do have weaker solder points from the many that I have handled. From my experience I sit on the opposite side of the user experience in that the Intel cards have always done well for me.

When I travel to certain cities, I stay at the same hotel and occasionally the same room if available. This is where I had really put the cards to the test because I knew where the hotel router was located. The Killer cards had a lot less bars than the Intel 8260 and would often drop connection.

At the end of the day...whatever works eh....but that's just my experience and why I choose Intel cards over Killer from my own experience. This doesn't mean that one is better than the other, it just depends on what floats the boat.

4. Support.2@XOTIC PC

Support.2@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    I find that there are situations where Killer's software shines (where there is little control over the network and it prioritizes bandwidth on the computer side) and where Intel seems better (Home routers with QoS already configured). There are exceptions of course, but this is the difference I've noticed using and supporting both.

5. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    The latest Killer software packages (one released in February, and another updated this month) have solved the problem of random disconnects, and video streaming works much better, at least on my machine. The 1535 also has a much better Bluetooth implementation, at least as it relates to using my Xbox One wireless controller. With an Intel 8260, using the controller over Bluetooth would cause wild performance fluctuations, making games a stuttering mess. This is not the case with the Killer. If you don't care about Bluetooth, Intel is still the better choice, but taking it all into consideration, I have to give the nod to the 1535.

6. Support.2@XOTIC PC

Support.2@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    BT is a good point, I've always had better luck with it on Killer cards.

Also, for connection stability, there's nothing in the world that will beat those tiny onboard wifi transmitters in phones. The only devices I've had that have had 100% uptime on wifi are phones and tablets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.