BGA vs PGA continuation

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by Papusan, May 6, 2015.

1. Papusan

Papusan BGA Filthy = That sucks!! STAHP! Dont buy FILTH...

Reputations:
    I need to bump this thread so we can continue with the topic. @TANWare or other mods for this sub forum... Can you please edit the thread title as described so it can be more correct? Or maybe you @Mr. Fox know who is the correct mod I should tag? Thanks:)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Back to topic:cool:
    I tested 6700BGA@3.1GHz clock speed with my 6700K to see what bench score and power draw could be vs. fully locked mobile i7-6700hq@3.1GHz. It looks like the soldered mobile i7 FILTH are not as energy efficient as some claime:confused: Intel want more $$$ for their mobile i7 but offer less aka no TIM and IHS.

Wiping out the the 6700BGA bench scores on Hwbot with same clock speed. Wprime 1024M maxed out at 31.1W and max 33C degrees. Best Wprime scores for 6700BGA@3.1GHz in Hwbot (206,273 sec and 6sec 745ms) was smashed in a jiffy:D http://hwbot.org/hardware/processor/core_i7_6700hq/ The result can be seen in pict.

Wprime 1024M maxed out at 31.1W in Cpu package power
    [​IMG]

Cinebench R15 maxed out at 28.1W in Cpu package power.
    [​IMG]

See http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...6-owners-lounge.797458/page-201#post-10424577
    Awful reading:eek: http://imgur.com/a/e8Ius

WHY PAY MORE FOR LESS?:eek:

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  2. Papusan

Reputations:
    Bump this informative thread so new forum users can easily find it.

Ashtrix likes this.
  3. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Bump. :D

4. Kent T

Kent T Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Facts: BGA= Soldered surface mount CPU. If it gets hot under load or demanding tasks. The solder joints on said surface mount CPU crack with the heat and cooling cycles aka expansion and thermal contraction. BGA= Sorry, you're screwed. New motherboard please. Assuming you can get one for your machine from the manufacturer at any cost.

BGA= The enemy of common sense on a performance machine, the enemy of repairable and upgradeable. Not acceptable on an expensive performance laptop of any kind, not just gaming machines either, those who do any kind of audio creation or video editing, CAD/CAM users, and all enthusiasts do not need the feces called BGA and it's brothers Thin and Light.

I am an electronics technician. BGA and SMD are my enemies. I HATE BGA. I rest my case. I just told you the reasons why. Many people can't or don't want to replace machines so often. Many must make do for a few years. Also, hobbled BIOSes are also thy enemies. As they limit our ability to tweak and optimize our machines to their best.

Remember too, friends. Heat and excessive amounts of it, are the enemy of electronics when you need reliable and long lasting. Keep those machines cool. They run better and throttle less.

5. Papusan

Reputations:
    +rep
    Not a easy task when you have to struggle with similar like THIS

Ashtrix likes this.
  6. Papusan

Reputations:
    Bump. From oblivion.

Ashtrix likes this.