BGA vs PGA continuation

Discussion in 'Hardware Components and Aftermarket Upgrades' started by Papusan, May 6, 2015.

1. Ashtrix

Ashtrix ψυχή υπεροχή

Reputations:
    My back won't allow me to carry the BGA filth. That's It, I see this BGA as the Tip of iceberg there's more to it..

It's not about upgrades all the time, It matters because I'm paying for the HW and I have the right to make the decision on what stays and what doesn't and offer some expansion later-on. My mind just cannot comprehend to the BGA design on a $2k machine, Alienware forums with Legacy machines are still alive because ? You know the answer !!

People love to keep their HW for longer time ffs. Not everybody wants to throw them into dumpster when new tech comes, this norm is kicked recently with the Huge Smartphone influx and people accepting the trash in their pockets and willing to charge them so quickly and exhaust all the Li-Ion cycles and then dispose off for a new shiny phone, repeat. So now only a few realize that people with mind are still here (LG V20 2016 flagship with removable battery option failed by bootloader lock is an another issue, Still a point to note)

Previously we had batteries, expandable storage option and this crApple's BGA love had tainted the whole industry and from the basic analytics Intel pulled this stunt from Haswell BGA/ Alienware Privatization 2013 ( - the unseen force behind this push, My intuition says this is the reason behind that and hell even MXM, Dell is a giant corporation and with such amounts of power It can twist the whole industry by a sharp 180 degrees of regression) occurred at the same time frame, leading to this disastrous gimped future we are headed towards. Not to mention the people with minds these days are less numbered thus BGA is flourishing among the mass market leading to this filthy gimp-infection spread like cancer to every industry - Win X (lack of choice) / Console - PC game port Gimps (Downgrades, Half finished products) / Nvidia & Intel's monopolistic rip off fest (GTX 970 fiasco, Intel's Kabylake-Mafiasoft agenda, GeCancer experience drivers)...

Hope this thread re kindles the flame and make people realize that Corporations are here to nail us. Sadly $ <- is the only thing even best of us shoot for, not help us out when they become a gigantic force / market lead, Only the numbers can move these immovable forces (Nvidia's Clockblock backlash from NBR) that are silently crushing (Facebook etc click bait foolish stuff -- Pokemon Go) the thoughtful part of being a Human...Well I guess was too deep but I just want to write it anyways..

LOL.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
  2. TANWare

TANWare Just This Side of Senile, I think. Moderator

Reputations:
    I prefer PGA on higher end machines. I would only approve of my wallet vote to a nomenclature that were to overcome some PGA limitation with no penalties. That being said I have no real issue with lower end devices being BGA.

I just looked at the performance of my NP700G7C and other than 3D it is plenty strong enough. Apparently M$ with W10 has made me think to go Linux but I some how doubt that will ever be a stranglehold to the hardware either.

So it ends up being the ability to maintain and service the hardware. Having a TRUE MXM system would have been nice too, thanks Samsung. I am sitting happy and complacent for now other than the fact it is hard to recommend a new PC purchase other than those that just need and internet consumption device and/or to do basic office tasks..

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
  3. Kent T

Kent T Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    My biggest beef with BGA is CPU or GPU issues forcing expensive motherboard replacement instead of component level repairs, and too many of these systems locked out from real control over their performance tweaks. This therefore is the enemy of durability due to making repairs and upgrades much more difficult if not impossible. I would rather have a system last me longer without BGA than buying Apple inspired thin and light un-upgradeable crap. Sometimes you must stand for something, or you'll fall for anything. Please don't drink the BGA Koolaid. I HATE BGA for the above reasons. Rant mode off. This affects all PC users who value stable reliable hardware, and who wish to get the most out of an expensive machine purchase. Gamers, Content Creators and those who value maintainable, durable hardware thusly are affected. Give me PC hardware I can use the way I want, to the best of it's ability, and no locked out, hobbled BIOS or OS restriction crap! Otherwise, I will just keep on running the good old hardware for more years.

4. TANWare

Reputations:
    A second thought as a holdup to staying with older hardware is 4K displays. To get HDCP 2.2 for Ultra HD we need to go GTX 10xx and this means BGA for mobile Intel unless you get a monster with LGA. Almost makes thinking about a true desktop a thing to do.

I should note do long as you don't care about HDCP a GTX 780m will get you 4K display capability. Mt 675M will only do 3440x1440 on an external.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
  5. Kent T

Kent T Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    HDCP needs to die. It is annoying DRM technology put there to get in the way of legitimate users.

6. TANWare

Reputations:
    I do not disagree but it is there. It is just one more reason to have too use newer forced hardware/software upgrades that are unnecessary. If you look at these threads you then realize no one in there right mind would upgrade to these technologies unless they have too.

Papusan likes this.
  7. TBoneSan

TBoneSan Laptop Fiend

Reputations:
    So is this thread going to get stickied or what? Pertinent information y'all :D

Cass-Olé, Ashtrix and Papusan like this.
  8. Papusan

Papusan BGABOOKS = That sucks!! STAHP! Dont buy FILTH...

Reputations:
    If you read my post http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/bga-vs-pga-continuation.775786/page-13#post-10344456
    I asked @Ethrem if he could change the thread title name to *BGA* and their limitations vs. LGA. Then he could sticked it!! No interest for this. Not a single reply back. He could just say *no* if he doesn't want do that in a reply back:( PGA is old. We have changed to LGA now. All people know what LGA means!!

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
    Cass-Olé, Ashtrix and TBoneSan like this.
  9. TBoneSan

TBoneSan Laptop Fiend

Reputations:
    It should at least reflect LGA in the title. Especially since that's what people will search for now. I would personally would like to see a sticky too. This is a subject that should lend itself to alot of education and discussion should it get the exposure it deserves.

Perhaps @Ethrem has been busy and it slipped his mind. Don't take it personally bro, it happens sometimes.

Cass-Olé, Ashtrix and Papusan like this.
  10. Papusan

Papusan BGABOOKS = That sucks!! STAHP! Dont buy FILTH...

Reputations:
    I understand that one can not reach (see everything) everywhere always. So I do not take this personally:) But as you say <people know more about the LGA now than the old PGA> And a lot of people don't know that LGA can be used in laptops. They think everything is BGA nowadays:(

Cass-Olé, Ashtrix and TBoneSan like this.