BGA Venting Thread ;)

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by FredSRichardson, Nov 29, 2016.

1. TheDantee

TheDantee Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    So disappointed in the laptop space... I prefer having a laptop over a Desktop but the scene is horrible these days I can't find a single good machine that's not gonna be a paperweight in 3 years or have a motherboard burn on me. The desktop space is better not by much each year computers just seemingly get worse and worse... such a shame.

2. Papusan

Papusan Jokebook's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on Filthy

Reputations:
    Nope. The trend going forwards to gaming tablets. And expect more of the cute slim 14 inch form factor laptops for gaming. You of all know that Dell Alienware always try come up in front for new trends:) I think the correct spelled English word for this is trendsetter/bellwether. Imagine a gaming tablet paired with an eGpu with a real +450w desktop graphics cards. How it works or perform doesn't matter much. The slim design beat performance.

upload_2022-1-14_2-26-33.png

Bellwether - Wikipedia

Last edited: Jan 13, 2022
  3. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Most of the laptops has soldered RAM/SSD/Wifi in the name of pricing or thin/light design. I don't like trade-offs in the name of razor thin device claiming desktop like performance.

raz8020, ole!!!, electrosoft and 2 others like this.
  4. TheDantee

Reputations:
    Not much of a choice eventually the hardware becomes obsolete and we will be forced to move to it.

5. Cylix101

Cylix101 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yes sadly i am thinking of building a desktop myself, just trying to get a RTX3090 or 6900xt on normal price, dont want to support this scalpers everywhere. Wanted to get the successor of the KM but it looks there will be none so back to desktop after a 8 year hiatus.

ole!!! likes this.
  6. TheDantee

Reputations:
    6900XT aren't bad where I live 1500 CAD I would go for that if I were you, seems everyone just interested in Nvidia cards. Why bother though when new GPUs are launching at the end of the year or at least should be... the 3090 is insane the temps on the VRAM are nuts and Nvidia will just tell you its within spec not a long lasting GPU unless ur putting in on water.

Cylix101 likes this.
  7. Cylix101

Cylix101 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yeah just waiting a little more time, in EU the reference 6900 is like 1000 euros and the rtx 3090 is 1500, there are some weekley drops but until now no luck getting one.
    Still undecided on the build, if im doing a all AMD one ill want to get the toxic 6900xt or the devil ultimate, that is if im not getting a reference one, those are still 1500 till 1700 Euro. If i go the Intel route ill want to get a 3090.

8. Papusan

Papusan Jokebook's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on Filthy

Reputations:
    Then jump on the 3090 Ti when it is out and that you can find one within normal price point. The new 2GB vram dies will help on this problem.

9. TheDantee

Reputations:
    I'll pass on that money grab lol

Papusan likes this.
  10. Reciever

Reciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    Generally speaking this is basically always true, however this should be due to the consumer not being able to find a use case for (in this case) the laptop in question.

TheDantee likes this.