BGA Venting Thread ;)

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by FredSRichardson, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Or a pencil depending on shape.

2. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    According to everything Lisa Su has been saying for the last few years AMD has many revisions ahead bringing much more impressive improvements in all categories - hopefully the markets will fund those endeavors by buying steadily moving forward.

If you want new cool things from AMD, buy from them today, and along the way, it's all a matter of showing interest by voting with your money to tell AMD what to build out of what they've researched and developed.

It takes years ahead to plan these things out, and as AMD is readying release of Zen 2 / Ryzen 3 / Epyc 3 / (Threadripper 3), there are a bunch of projects still in development ready to move forward, as long as investment in them makes sense.

Buy AMD. :)

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
    ole!!! and Vasudev like this.
  3. Support.3@XOTIC PC

Support.3@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    As it stands, if my board/CPU goes out in the near future, it's almost certainly getting replaced with Ryzen. :)

Vasudev and hmscott like this.
  4. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    For the desktop it's going to be a no brainer for a while.

hmscott likes this.
  5. Support.2@XOTIC PC

Support.2@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Definitely for a Desktop. I'm excited to actually give AMD a try after being Pro-Intel for a while. Hoping to see them on a Sager Notebook to buy for myself in the future.

bennyg, Vasudev and hmscott like this.
  6. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    They have to have a viable platform to deliver that of course not just pick one vendor to release one model.

bennyg, hmscott and Vasudev like this.
  7. Support.2@XOTIC PC

Support.2@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    I would like all the vendors to give it a try, but I personally like the Sagers that I have been using so I would be a bit more eager to try and see how it would play out. I can dream!

joluke, bennyg and hmscott like this.
  8. bennyg

bennyg Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    With AMD's mobile CPUs/APUs lagging a generation behind it puts manufacturers in a tight spot, do they run with the desktop socket and make a big chunky (expensive) but extremely powerful performance notebook/DTR that'll only ever be a niche seller, or do they wait for 7nm mobile Zens whenever that will be?

I don't see much happening with interesting AMD notebooks for a while longer.

9. hmscott

hmscott Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Yeah, IDK, manufacturers no know the cadence of release, and at least Asus and Acer will offer the "desktop" Ryzen 3.0 laptops (at launch?), and I would assume others will get clue that's what they should do too.

MSI is releasing the GT76 with an Intel desktop part, so MSI are already in the mindset to fit socketed CPU's in their laptops.

It could happen this Ryzen generation, lucky number 3. :)

10. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    When worse goes to even more worse... BGA is like an infectious disease.
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...17-owners-lounge.826893/page-21#post-10919044
    upload_2019-6-4_3-35-30.png

Alienware had a choice when they designed the refreshed 2019 models of their Alienware m15/17 R2 gaming books. But they rather prefered BGA in all form and shape in same way as the well known fruit-named company CrApple.

When will we see next step in welding technology from Dell and similar ODMs? One hint... Soldered on storage and Wifi module will be the BIG new in gaming laptops! What a sad move we now see in the nearest horizon.

Ps. My old post from 2017. Alienware needed 3 I mean 2 years to fulfill my prediction/divination about coming changes... But as you can see they easly surpassed my divination in hunt for thinnest possible notebooks. They couldn't even let you get a single ram slot for later upgrade. All aka both is welded on the MB now. Yeah, just sad see how far they are willing to go to destroy their own High end products. Of course they did the same for the bigger Alienware m17 r2. Because it use exactly the same Motherboard as they put into the smaller brother m15 r2.
    upload_2019-6-4_4-15-29.png

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
    Ashtrix, ole!!!, jclausius and 6 others like this.