BGA Venting Thread ;)

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by FredSRichardson, Nov 29, 2016.

1. aaronne

aaronne Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    upload_2018-8-10_10-37-48.png this one is not so far from upload_2018-8-10_10-39-5.png

..or other one total power consumption,
    I'm comparing old motherboard power delivery system, assuming that is full doable to sustain this type of load of newer gen cpus

2. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Those numbers don't seem massively consistent or reliable in general.

bennyg and ole!!! like this.
  3. aaronne

Reputations:
    when you will produce data other than words, please mind to share here, thanks

4. ole!!!

ole!!! Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    it is rather unfair to apply papusan's system or benchmark to most due to region he locates in, it shows potentials of the machine with proper fitting conditions, which imo people who have little to no experience will jump at the system thinking it can do wonders which isn't the case. I had to buy a 5.2 chip to run it at sub 5 for my preference and i still over estimated it. i also believe a lot has to do with buyer's own responsibility to know/research, though danishblunt definitely takes it to a new level.

imho @Danishblunt fits "one only believes what they want to believe" best, at least on NBR.

damn i guess you'll hate one of these http://www.ssiportable.com/products/portable-solutions/spark-s24t/

i estimate just over 45lbs after all the hardware are installed, no mechanical drive, all SSDs only too!

sometimes a bit of common sense trumps data, especially data collected by others which lacks that sense. theres a reason why p870tm can come with a 780w PSU and its probably for a good reason.

Vistar Shook, Aroc and FTW_260 like this.
  5. aaronne

Reputations:
    Please share here data, I can only remember Mr.Fox on it, and other like Jerryzago Rengsey etc. with dual psu mod on m18x-r2,

I only saying that the power delivery phases on our motherboard is still strong enough at least to run a 8700K at stock 4,3Ghz clocks (like many trash or not mitx board with less phase on it)

edit and P.S.:
    just to put some water on fire,
    Would you mind to share, if do you still have around, some benchmark of your 4,8 GHz 3920xm or 3940xm I didn't remeber ..

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
    Mr. Fox likes this.
  6. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    That logic could be applied to any kind of critic, I'm simply stating what appears to look like inconsistent data that perhaps should be taken as a guideline rather than a hard and fast rule to compare machines for what are likely various reasons.

aaronne likes this.
  7. Ionising_Radiation

Ionising_Radiation ?v = ve*ln(m0/m1)

Reputations:
    I don't hate any company, product or service—they are all inanimate products, not worth being excessively emotional towards.

The weight would kill my shoulder, though. My definition of 'portable' isn't everyone's definition.

I like my notebooks to be within 2.5 cm thick, with mass within 2.5 kg. But like I said, that's my *personal* definition. There are people here to whom the P870/P750 cater to, so let them have it.

We're all here for the advancement of hardware and software, to call out shady, illegitimate tactics by vendors, OEMs and manufacturers, and to make sure everyone gets the best bang for their buck. There's no point in putting down people for what they've purchased.

I've spoken out against @Mr. Fox's vehemence, but recently, I entirely get why he talks like that.

8. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks! Dont wast your $$ on FILTH

Reputations:
    The mod firmware from Eurocom is crippled. The power consumption numbers doesn’t fits the actual power this hardware can pull. The numbers is flawed. This isn’t @Prema quality.

jclausius, ole!!!, Aroc and 2 others like this.
  9. ALLurGroceries

ALLurGroceries   Super Moderator

Reputations:
  10. Danishblunt

Danishblunt Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    @ole!!!

This can be used to record your desktop. Should be simple to use :)

Now it should be easy to record handbrake.

GrandesBollas likes this.