BGA Venting Thread ;)

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by FredSRichardson, Nov 29, 2016.

1. ole!!!

ole!!! Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    the idea of pushing it to cause item damage and businesses protecting themselves stem from dishonest consumers, and of course intel's own corporate greed. intel could have done many reasonable things for consumers but choose the path of lowering product quality. things aren't so black and white so in the end business dont bother caring so much, they just want to make money, pair up with bunch of junk consumers and we have a market thats going down hill for enthusiast.

a simple example, controlling clock speed with their specified TDP. intel can easily lay out details from all angle, how consumer benefit, how OEM benefit, how intel benefit from their own changes, of course they won't do that, almost no business does except for few personally owned small business that actually cares about customer service. this is also why HID probably so amazing in this day and age they are rare/hard to come by.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  2. Mobius 1

Mobius 1 nͫٴiͤٴcͫٴeͤ੮Һ૯ ცɿ૭ ૭คעٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴ

Reputations:
    Cars with performance not in mind I would somehow understand.

But gaming laptops like Clevos are advertised like Ferrari.

3. XMG

XMG Company Representative

Reputations:
    Did they lower product quality, because (or not) of dishonest customers? The obvious indicator of this would be a higher RMA rate, which we haven't seen.

Well, the TDP has a limit and this is part of dictating the clock speed of the CPU - that's correct. But tbh I don't understand the argument - Intel CPUs have always had a TDP, which has a part in the clock speeds.

By default, smaller companies should/would give better support than much larger ones. But these smaller companies, when successful, become larger companies and then it's impossible to keep up witht he same level of support. Remember the South Park episode, where everyone hates Starbucks, but they started out as a single coffee shop which grew because of it's popularity. At some point, there is a change and you can't produce something like an Intel CPU in a small or family run company with the huge volume that the market demands ;-)

Yup, but my question still stands - would you then buy a Ferrari and expect them to honour the warranty if it was modified?

4. ole!!!

ole!!! Notebook Prophet

Reputations:

i wont bother going back a few yrs of changes just so i can explain my side of view, that would be too much work. lets just say intel can change the meaning of their specification and term anyway they want as they currently dominate the market.

5. Support.2@XOTIC PC

Support.2@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Any pizza can be a personal pizza if you try hard enough...and acknowledge that it's not a good idea to eat that much pizza at once and promise not to blame the pizza place if you ignore serving recommendations, eat too much and get sick. Doesn't have the same ring to it.

6. ole!!!

ole!!! Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    for enthusiast, or fat people for pizza LOL u'd want to eat it and self restrain.

7. Support.2@XOTIC PC

Support.2@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    And now I'm comparing dieting to undervolting in my mind.

8. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    You can see some of these clock changes either way, mostly you have to compare like to like. So long as say 4 core clocks are always going up at a steady rate and the single core is going up quicker then it's just being more efficient with the power space you have to work with.

9. ole!!!

ole!!! Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    get ready boys for premium i9 which use to be i7 HK without having to fork out extra. back in the days 7820HK and 6820HK was lower priced against their counter part 6980HQ 7920HQ or w/e the sku was. now, https://wccftech.com/intel-coffee-lake-mobile-desktop-8th-gen-cpus-leak/

intel knows this decided to milk the HK by calling it i9 though desktop side of thing people just paid normal. let intel control it, slow brainwash happens. sugar coat it or try to reason with it however much ones want, which all are true in 1 way, in the end doesn't change the fact that intel trying to milk more.

10. ole!!!

ole!!! Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    i'd love to see some i9 6 cores HK bga benching against 8700k in 870TM. @Ionising_Radiation @Danishblunt something gotta realize that once you hit a stable clock, to gain any additional score and tweaking takes a lot of effort to find the optimal settings, which in a way is fun for overclocking, say if i find a 4.9ghz i can use it 24/7 as long as temps allow, which is what im running on right now.

also, this would be impossible if not for unlocked bios. pls dont say something like bios don't matter!

51x 48x 17.6 -125.jpg