Beta BIOS - Possible Missing Keystroke Fix

Discussion in 'ASUS Gaming Notebook Forum' started by Gary Key, Dec 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhnX

PhnX Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Coffee - I don't know if you've seen my posts about pressing down on both bottom corners of the touchpad in order to temporarily regain control of the cursor. I've mentioned it twice but people just thought I was crazy. I think your solution just may prove my theory that it's a contact / hardware issue under the TP. I would also appreciate a guide on how you did your mod.

2. Chastity

Chastity Company Representative

Reputations:
    I added a KB / TP fix package for G73 series on my driver Page. Look under Packages.

Contains:

ATK 1.0.0008
    Synaptics 15.2.11
    213 BIOS for JH
    205 BIOS for JW

Confirmed that the 15.2.11 is the driver package we were waiting for.

3. Morecoffee

Morecoffee Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Here is a step by step of what I did to stop my touchpad from going dead from the flexing of the palm rest on the left side.

Step by Step guide

This fix in combination with the new ATK package 1.0.0008, Bios 213 and the latest Synaptics 15.2.7 should fix the dropped keystroke and the touchpad going dead and zipping to the right side problem.

Cheers

4. fenris_12345

fenris_12345 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    If that is the final fix then it is RMA time again for me at some point. ;/ TP feel is better and area aound touch padis less problematic. But, it still wigs out from time to time, although it seems to recover fast. It also still loses right area vert scrollingwhen it wants too. At least so far with a day under the new tp driver.

5. Outtawack311

Outtawack311 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I just installed the 15.2.11 and tried to instal the atk. The keyboard feels better and so does the TP, but I can no longer turn it off using the fn f9 . All other functions still work.

When I tried to intall the ATK 1.0.0008 it told me the program was already installed and i had to uninstall it first.

Any help here?

6. Chastity

Chastity Company Representative

Reputations:
    Uninstall the existing ATK, then run the 1.0.0008 installer.

7. Outtawack311

Outtawack311 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I just assumed it would update the original. I just installed the new Atk Package and my Fn F9 key isn't working. I pm'ed you to see if you could help and to keep it off this thread, but I decided to post here anyways to see if anyone else has this issue and knows how fix it.

Edit: After messing with it for the last 20 minutes I figured out all I needed to do was unplug my mouse then uninstall those two drivers and reinstall them.

8. scampupy

scampupy Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    chastity does your 15.2.11 have scrybe and a more recent UI in it?

9. CavemanK

CavemanK Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Sweet! Now, there's been a while since I updated any drivers or BIOS and I just wondered if there is any specific order I should update these drivers in? BIOS first?

10. PhnX

PhnX Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Confirming that 15.2.11 has made very significant improvements. Will report later if the touchpad decides to spazz out again. Been 2 hours so far. Scrolling is very consistent and doesn't seem to stop responding. Was actually able to play a game enjoyably with the touchpad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.