Beta BIOS - Possible Missing Keystroke Fix

Discussion in 'ASUS Gaming Notebook Forum' started by Gary Key, Dec 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frosty5689

frosty5689 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Its a "beta" version, so its lightweight. If you want Scrybe, just install 15.2.7 first and then install 15.2.11. This driver seems to have fixed any issue I had with pressing down on the sides of the touchpad.

2. mite_jan

mite_jan Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    that video window is showing again omg.... taping zone didn't helped (i have it disabled)
    i am going to make some search through net and post if i found the answer

EDIT: okay i thing i got it fixed it now
    even though i have disabled tap zones the video was showing again so now i did this
    on top right action i choose no zone so i think it is fine :)

3. scampupy

scampupy Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Ow frosty thanks for the info,

My top right tap zone doesn't work... :(

4. frosty5689

frosty5689 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I don't know why you use tap zone, it tends to go wack when you tap to double click.

5. scampupy

scampupy Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    My touchpad is running fine i can use the tap zones easily, the only problem of my touchpad is the sudden jump and sometimes stopping and the upper right tap zone!:)) that are the only problem i encounter, I use scrolling too it works fine.

6. cotolay

cotolay Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    morecofee any news after you did the mod?

7. BattleNut

BattleNut Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I see that we do not have any updates yet . I have been gone for a couple weeks and I thought the Bios would be out . Hmm

As to my Notebook I still can not type normally as my key presses get behind and I am still having missed key strokes on double key presses .
    With some software it is madding trying to type .
    I am beginning to think that there is a hardware issue that cannot be overcome with software , and that is why we are still waiting for a fix.
    I know that most of the time my Notebook is unusable in the sense that you can not work with all the errors that come up .

I am going to wait till the next Bios update and see what happens before I make anymore moves .

8. Xellon

Xellon Shinobi of the wind

Reputations:
    The new bios 213 is out but the drivers that they are supposedly working on hasn't.

9. Morecoffee

Morecoffee Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    After 2 and half days my machine is still fine. I have not had a single incident with the touchpad since inserting the wedge support to the left of the touchpad. I am now quite confident that the tp failures on my machine were due mostly to the flexing of the tp, which is why my machine would fail quite often after using the keyboard. The weight of my left palm on the palm rest was enough to flex the tp which caused it to stop working. I still don't understand why the flexing would stop it or have a lingering affect but inserting the wedge and stopping the flex has fixed my machine.

10. SpicySi

SpicySi Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thats very interesting, I am looking forward to seeing pictures of your mod. I hope a software fix is possible rather than hardware, as I can't see ASUS wanting to acknowledge that it is hardware. Perhaps it is a case of software exacerbating a hardware glitch?

The ASUS party-line is that it's software, which will avoid RMAs and is thus not surprising.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.