Beta BIOS - Possible Missing Keystroke Fix

Discussion in 'ASUS Gaming Notebook Forum' started by Gary Key, Dec 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jody

Jody Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I have ZERO missed keys. This problem is completely solved for me with 213. I've been using it for weeks now and have missed no keystrokes. My touchpad sucks, though. It kind of works but it's unacceptable. I forgot my mouse at the office one day last week and was working from home the next day. I tried to use the touchpad. That lasted about thirty minutes and I was in the back room looking for an old USB mouse in the junk box. If I couldn't find one I was going to have to drive back out to the office and get mine because the touchpad just doesn't work well enough. Completely unreliable.

2. Morecoffee

Morecoffee Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I think most would agree the keyboard issue was fixed with 213. The touchpad issues still persist though. I will not go as far to say that none of this has worked for everyone with touchpad issues. I will say that for the occasional user of the tp it most likely seems to be fixed sort of. If you really use the touchpad though, it will fail, and like Jody said you will have to go looking for your alternate pointing device.

3. BattleNut

BattleNut Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I can say on mine the Keyboard is not fixed, I am still having issues with keys not working or slow sometimes , although it is not as bad as it was that is for sure.
    I wonder what happened to Gary ? Any news at all.

4. DCx

DCx Banned!

Reputations:
    Yeah, my missed key problem has been solved since beta 2, IIRC. Maybe beta 3? Anyways, no more missed keys. Honestly, I'll live with a wonky touchpad (it's really annoying not to be able to use it, really throws off my work flow...) but I couldn't live with a keyboard that didn't type.

5. Xellon

Xellon Shinobi of the wind

Reputations:
    I love asus, but their rma reliability is kinda......

If I had at least a month of time where I'm out of school, then I would rma just for a simple touchpad fix and use my old computer I still have, but I don't. Their Rma takes up to 3 weeks to a month according to everyone on the forums and I can't afford to not have it when I'm on campus.

But then again, that much time for just a touchpad....maybe.

6. DCx

DCx Banned!

Reputations:
    I dealt with asus 5 times for my RMA over a motherboard issue that isn't common at all. I'm not saying that I don't deserve a fix, but I am saying that I'd prefer the devil I've got, than another trip through RMA hell. Obviously I'm not happy about it, but I'm not too upset about it either. My touchpad is super-sensitive, and responds to pressure and heat beside it ... but it is passably usable.

Perhaps it works perfectly, and I just have higher expectations for it. I couldn't really call mine defective, just really sensitive.

7. Xellon

Xellon Shinobi of the wind

Reputations:
    @ Ruckus, main reason is they just take too long. I trust them enough to fix certain things. As long as it doesn't end up in indiana (I think it was), then It should be good.

But 3 weeks to 1 month to fix a laptop is a no no. But something like a repaste, I'll pay extra to let gentech do that.

8. frosty5689

frosty5689 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I'm willing to bet it has something to do with the design of the chasis as it puts pressure on the touchpad when you push down around the area near the touchpad. This causes the touchpad to freak out thinking ur doing pinch zooming or pinch scroll, because it thinks you got 2 fingers on it.

9. polish_pat

polish_pat Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Oh wow just upgraded to beta 213 and its so much better, keyboard missing is fixed and touchpad is 80% better, pinch and zoom and 2 finger navivation to scroll down still needs work but much improved already

10. Jody

Jody Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I've RMAed for this problem already. I did this in December. It did not fix the problem. They swapped out the palm rest and motherboard. RMA is a waste of your time. They don't have a parts swap fix for this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.