Beta BIOS - Possible Missing Keystroke Fix

Discussion in 'ASUS Gaming Notebook Forum' started by Gary Key, Dec 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ryan.c

ryan.c Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I was having trouble with missing keystrokes and double capitalization. I never use the touchpad on laptops as they tend to be difficult for me to control (I favor the gaming mouse that came with the laptop or a Wacom pen tablet.)

I am using the 211 BIOS and followed some suggestions in the posts to disable the "internal pointing device" (touchpad) in the BIOS. Since doing this the keyboard lag and double capitalization has disappeared! The keypad appears to be much more sensitive.

I am happy that this worked as now, knock on wood, I have a fantastic working laptop. I am not sure how or if this will affect stability of the laptop in any way as I only attempted this yesterday. However, for those requiring the proper use of the touchpad and having difficulties, and those working on this issue - the touchpad definitely seems to be the culprit.

2. Xellon

Xellon Shinobi of the wind

Reputations:
    Is it really a bios issue? Only time will tell I guess

3. cotolay

cotolay Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I just went over to the alienware forums to look around (Never been there much), and i just found out that the m17x was having touchpad issues too, and they fixed those with bios update. Sweet. Hopefully Gary will bring the new official bios fixing all of our touch-pads. I hope it doesn't take him a long time.

I Installed new synaptics drivers and it "kinda" behaves better. Went down from an untamable Lion to a wolf.

4. Rückenmark

Rückenmark Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    WE WANT IT NOW!! :(

5. fenris_12345

fenris_12345 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I tried the latest synaptics 15.2.7 drivers and lo and behold the touch pad is still not sensitive enough at times, but otherwise has worked for the last 3 days with no spaz outs / lock ups. Usually it freaks out (for 20 seconds to a few minutes) once a day or more. Fingers crossed...

FWIW I am using the latest vbios/beta bios/and upates per the thread, have all fancy touch pad features off with max senstivity set, and have the drive under the touchpad currently removed.

Edit: Should have knocked on wood. ;/ It just spazed out, but it is much less frequent and seems more responsive, so at least a few steps in the right direction...

6. mite_jan

mite_jan Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    i just want fully working vbios
    creative software is fine for me i don't need any license ....

7. DCx

DCx Banned!

Reputations:
    lol I'm happy waiting for you ASUS to get a fixed product out the door at this point - I've been without a great touchpad since I bought it, another week or to of waiting won't kill me.

8. Rückenmark

Rückenmark Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    signed! i need something new to mod too!

9. dada2222

dada2222 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    No more news about the last bios release? 2 weeks have past from Gary's last post.

10. BattleNut

BattleNut Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    No News yet that I have seen , I wonder what is up with the new Bios and if it is going to be much longer ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.