Beta BIOS - Possible Missing Keystroke Fix

Discussion in 'ASUS Gaming Notebook Forum' started by Gary Key, Dec 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chastity

Chastity Company Representative

Reputations:
    ignore the build dates on the betas

2. Jody

Jody Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    beta 4 calls itself 211 and has a build date of January 6th 2011

3. lukeg

lukeg Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi!

I'm proud Polish owner of G73jh, also bearing with the problem of touchpad that is not even marginally useable. I've just discovered something that may be useful in debugging touchpad; something so useful that i decided to register on the forum, the procedure that I'm not fond on.

I've bought myself Wacom Bamboo Pen&Touch tablet, a device that supports, inter alia, multitouch input. I have had fun with it for a few days, just to discover today that its multitouch function has stopped working! It displays the syndromes somewhat similar to touchpad - it constantly sends keypresses to computer, even if there were none, doesn't react to actual touch, etc. Damaged unit? No! I've connected it to my other laptop (HP dm3) - and found out it works perfectly!

To wrap out - it seems that problems with touchpad - and other input devices - seem to stem from some kind of software conflict. I hope that you find that information useful, and - maybe - send it to someone at ASUS (Gary?) who may use it in troubleshooting process.

My current BIOS is latest beta, I've also got the latest vBIOS. My version of Synaptics is 15.0.11. I've tried all of beta BIOSes, a number of versions of Synaptics software - and found them of no use.

EDIT: It seems my tablet is going weird only when it's connected together with Xbox360 Wireless Gaming Receiver. Strange...

4. Morecoffee

Morecoffee Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    lukeg - That is interesting, thanks for taking the time to post about it. The timeline seems similar, works well at first and then degrades to an unusable state.

I discovered another fix for the touchpad. When it becomes unruly, put your computer to sleep. I did it via the Windows start button > power > sleep. It is quicker then rebooting and it seems to fix it for a while. I put mine to sleep and then immediately start it again and the touchpad works great for a while.

5. skygunner27

skygunner27 A Genuine Child of Zion

Reputations:
    I've also found that my Razer Mamba every once in a while hangs for a second on my G73JH. I tried different Mamba & Dock...different drivers, no drivers, firmware, fresh OS install etc.... but on my M17x R2, M11x R2(sold) EEE PC, Acer and HP(all work PC's) I've never encountered that.

6. Jody

Jody Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I've missed a couple of spacebar presses on my USB keyboard today. It's a big Microsoft Ergonomic keyboard and there is definitely a big clack as I type away on it so I know I hit it. I am running the latest beta. I'm now wondering if something in there is screwing with all input and not just the PS/2 touchpad/keyboard input based on what you all are reporting.

7. Chastity

Chastity Company Representative

Reputations:
    Then look at your IRQ and Resource mappings and give us a peek.

8. BattleNut

BattleNut Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I am seeing my Mouse lag now every now and then.
    When this starts is when all starts to degrade, it does not matter if I am using the mouse or the Touch Pad when this starts.
    I never saw this before on the other Betas. I am seeing all types of odd things with this new Bios.

9. BattleNut

BattleNut Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Does anyone have a link to the Synaptics diagnostic PDF? I have lost mine and cannot find it here. I looked in the links but it was not in the zip files.

10. cotolay

cotolay Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    WOW! i just discovered something. There is something called Enhance Pointer Precision in the touchpad options. I disabled that and i dont have problems now. But the mouse is slow now. Slow in the meaning that you have to scroll to move your finger across a lot to get somewhere. But it doesnt do random things like before. Maybe Gary should look into this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.