Beta BIOS - Possible Missing Keystroke Fix

Discussion in 'ASUS Gaming Notebook Forum' started by Gary Key, Dec 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Himitsu

Himitsu Newbie

Reputations:
    No idea why but didn't work for me.... I did everything and still I have missing key strokes (I hit the key and it does not "hit").

Maybe there was some kind of change... Well, it's not 100%, but at least 90% better.

2. KuroLionheart

KuroLionheart Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    While the touchpad doesn't go nuts anymore, whenever I try to scroll with it, it doesn't want to work now. Well randomly. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't.

3. HeavenCry

HeavenCry Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Ok i finally got to my laptop and flashed to the new vBios, doing the driver updates to the appropriate versions before (except the ATI and Realtek drivers).

Still missing keystrokes with touchpad enabled the same as before... On top of that the touchpad seams less responsive as before.

Ill try updating ATI and Realtek too, but it just doesnt seam likely to me that it would solve the problem.

4. BattleNut

BattleNut Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Well so far it has not fixed mine, I am still having keys stop working on some software and browsers . And the only way to get them back is by shutting down and then restarting the software and then it works. At least for awhile. There is no set items causing this that I can see. It is random on when it quits . And when it does there is no way to get it back , one thing I see is when the (s) key quits I can use the Cap (S) and that will work, but the small case (s) will not and will not come back.

The scrolling on the touch pad seems to have a mind of it's own. I try to scroll and it will go and not stop ,or it will not even see that I am trying to move .
    I will keep trying and see how it works as time goes on but so far it is not working on my machine.

5. PhnX

PhnX Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    For those of you not confident with the flashing process, see this link: YouTube - G73JH GSOD FIX, follow the instructions closely and you'll be fine. Will try when I get home!

6. kaiten

kaiten Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hey guys,

Does someone have an alternate link for the bios? For some reason mediafire is declining me access to download it. Thanks.

7. Chastity

Chastity Company Representative

Reputations:
    My current findings:

1) BIOS listed in BIOS screen as "G73Jh 210.T02", but comes up as 211 in Windows

2) My amount of double-shifted characters when I capitalize has dropped to zero. :)

3) Idle temps are the same. :)

FYI: I'm on Intel MEI 1.0.0.0 ala Windows Update and Synaptics 15.1.0.9

http://pcaudio.org/stuff/G73jHBetaAS211v2kbfix.rar

8. Bandrik

Bandrik Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Gary, just wanted to say "thanks" for doing all of this for us. Really appreciate it. I just did my first fresh install of the G73 last night, so I'm highly considering trying this out.

I was certainly having some dropped keystrokes, especially if I typed quickly (made it a bit awkard whn gaming and sme of my mssages wre bungled lke this, haha). I haven't installed any drivers yet (not even the Catalyst ones) so when I get home later tonight, I'll decide if I want to try this new guide now, or wait till some more advanced users report good findings. I can be adventurous, but not something this new (or expensive), haha.

In the meantime, I have flashed the BIOS to 211 and the vBIOS to the one Chastity provided a little while back (thanks!) so it's at vBIOS version 012.020.000.032.038352.

9. antisniperspy

antisniperspy Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I have had this "double-shifted characters when I capitalize" problem for a while but I thought it was me. Will try the beta bios when I get home and report back. P.S never had any missing keys.

10. Toxictaru

Toxictaru Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Upon further use, I'm finding that I -am- still experiencing dropped keystrokes, but not nearly as many as before. The touchpad seems to be fine though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.