Beta BIOS - Possible Missing Keystroke Fix

Discussion in 'ASUS Gaming Notebook Forum' started by Gary Key, Dec 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cotolay

cotolay Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I have fixed my touchpad!!!! Its been placebo in the past when it works for like 2 hours, but now its been solid for 5 days, absolutely no lock ups.

Here is how it happened. The HDD on my G73 Got damaged (Both of them). So i decided to disassemble the laptop to clean the fans, and exhausts, I sae that the touchpad is pasted with some weird metallic tape. There is one of the tapes that is in a weird position, pasted across the touchpad with some metal part of underneath the palmrest. I removed that tape and repasted it in a square spot right below the touchpad (Its a square spot right on the TouchPad Module, i have no idea why its like that). I have no idea how it works or what it does, but the touchpad is working perfectly after that. I can use 2 fingers scrolling zoom, no issues at all. My finger is even sweatty, and i used to think that it stopped responding when i had sweaty hands.

2. Chastity

Chastity Company Representative

Reputations:
    The glue on the silver tape is known to attract static electricity, so it being under your touchpad will make it go wonky. Good work on noticing that!

3. PhnX

PhnX Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Bios 213 and vbios 012.020.000.032.038352 (not sure which version?) were the winners for me. After a year of driver and hardware mods, this is it for me. Both keyboard and touchpad work perfectly. No placebo here, I can tell the difference at this point. Hope this works as well for someone else other than me.

4. skygunner27

skygunner27 A Genuine Child of Zion

Reputations:
    Thank GOD the touchpad is finally officialy fixed. I sold mine back in January, because of it.

5. PhnX

PhnX Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I wouldn't say officially, all JHs are different, and some still struggle with the keyboard and touchpad. Mine flaked out for a few seconds last night, but went back to normal without a restart. I'm pretty happy with that. Dropped keystrokes seem to be completely gone.

6. skygunner27

skygunner27 A Genuine Child of Zion

Reputations:
    interesting....

7. Jimmy3187

Jimmy3187 Newbie

Reputations:
    umm I have an asus n50vn - c1s and I TOO have this problem but the latest BIOS is 212 which was released in November 2009 :( ughhh.. does anyone know if there is a solution for my laptop? thank you for reading...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.