Beta BIOS - Possible Missing Keystroke Fix

Discussion in 'ASUS Gaming Notebook Forum' started by Gary Key, Dec 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xellon

Xellon Shinobi of the wind

Reputations:
    thx, I was trying to find a better solution for that. I disabled the service that brings that up.

2. Morecoffee

Morecoffee Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    It has been about 17 days since I did my wedge fix and the installation of the new ATK package. In this time my touchpad has failed twice, the first time it failed I was unsure if it actually failed, it was late in the evening and when it did it I went to bed. In the morning I found a hair kind of wedged in the tp button, at the time I thought this might have been the cause and it may have been.

The second time was last night, I was closing a web browser window and it glitched. It went into the familiar mode of being unresponsive and did a few quick movements to the right of the screen.

I did a reboot and it returned to its normal excellent operation. This and and the loss of my settings a couple of times are the only problems I've had in two weeks, I am very happy.

Hmmm... I just had another failure right after I posted this message. Maybe my coreplast wedge is compressing...

Cheers

3. BattleNut

BattleNut Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Any word on the fixes for the G 73 JH ? I have been gone again for a few weeks , and so far it looks like all is the same. Has Gary come out with any news ?

4. frosty5689

frosty5689 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Gary have gone M.I.A. for a month and few days now.

5. Chastity

Chastity Company Representative

Reputations:
    There's a Keyboard Lag Fix package on my driver page

6. deeplyblue

deeplyblue Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Sorry, but my heart fails at thought of trying to find an answer to this question over 106 pages, so:

Would anyone recommend the G73SW for someone who wants a machine that will do right by Skyrim, Dragon Age 2 and such, but who also has to type on it for at least a couple of hours every day?

I really had decided on this laptop, but all the gaming wonderfulness in the world won't make up for a typist-hostile keyboard.

I had also hoped that a built-in webcam would make skyping distant family members easy - and I'm not hearing good results from that either.

7. frosty5689

frosty5689 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    The webcam is subpar but doable for something like webcamming. You just have to install the latest drivers for it or it'll lag your life out. As for the keyboard issue, it seems to reoccur on the G73SW, but should be fixed with the latest BIOS (I'm not sure but someone can correct me for that, it is fixed on the JH where it happens the most). The touchpad issue seems to happen for some and for others its been great. I think it is just too sensitive and where you place your hand when you type causes palmcheck to fail and touchpad becomes glitchy.

8. PhnX

PhnX Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    None of the fixes, ATK / BIOS combinations, HID Keyboard / registry mods can fix the missed keystroke / touchpad issue. Speaking from working on two other JH units, I can pretty confidently say that anyone who claims the new BIOS or ATK package "fixes keyboard lag / touchpad issues" is just experiencing a placebo effect, or never had the problem in the first place. This is a HARDWARE issue, the only fix that works for my unit and the two others that I've worked on was provided by MoreCoffee.

9. Chastity

Chastity Company Representative

Reputations:
    Feedback shows that a many get good results, and some do not. My suggestion is to try the software solution first, and if that fails, then disassemble the system and start removing erroneous tape and such from around the trackpad.

10. clstirens

clstirens Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I have definitely noticed an improvement with my keyboard since I updated my bios to revision 213. Considering how bad it was before, I cannot simply attribute this to placebo affect. Especially considering I never ONCE had an improved experience with my keyboard, through all the "fixes" except when I finally updated my bios.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.