Best way to protect cloth seats in car?

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by CanadianDude, May 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Helpmyfriend

Helpmyfriend Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
  2. flipfire

flipfire Moderately Boss

Reputations:
    ^ lolwut

I just put a cushion so it doesnt develop an butt groove/wear. Seat covers r annoying.

3. Helpmyfriend

Helpmyfriend Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    ^ i agree, i cant stand seat covers myself. I think they degrade the look of any car. Same with racing seats ill never find them appealling. Racing seats in any car is ugly and hideous.

4. Tsunade_Hime

Tsunade_Hime such bacon. wow

Reputations:
    ^^ LOL looks like a furry animal took over your car seats. :rolleyes:

5. CanadianDude

CanadianDude Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    My car has a black cloth interior. I've adopted the no food rule or the "keep it in the packaging/wrapping until we get out" policy. Drinks are ok.

The thing I dislike the most is when you offer to give somebody a ride but they don't respect your car or your rules. I've had people deliberately open Wendy's burgers and eat inside my new car even though I said no food. Not much I could do while driving...so I stopped and told them to get out or throw the food out.

6. usapatriot

usapatriot Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Not eating inside your car is probably the BEST way to keep your cloth seats looking nice, in addition to regularly cleaning them and just being gentle with them.

Just remember, if you get seat covers make sure they are "SEAT Airbag SAFE", most new cars have side airbags fitted on the outside side of the seat.

7. linuxwanabe

linuxwanabe Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Cloth seats? Don't worry about the fabric. It mostly likely was already Scotchguarded by the manufacturer and probably will still look new when the car goes off to the scrap yard. Leather, or at least real, quality leather, tends to wear naturally. Synthetic cloth is far more wear resistant than leather. Most people find that little fact to be counterintuitive, but it's true. Just don't burn holes in the seats with cigarettes. Cigarettes burn through synthetic fabrics quite nicely. If you don't smoke, and don't allow passengers to smoke, you don't have any worries.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.