1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Best Retail Store?

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by R3SP3CT, Aug 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R3SP3CT

R3SP3CT Newbie

What do you guys think is the best retail store (ie. Bestbuy, Circuit City,etc.) to buy a laptop from.

I need a laptop for Monday...so i don't have much time to wait for them to Ship a laptop if I buy online.

What do u think is the best retail store (in the US)

2. Sam

Sam Notebook Virtuoso

Apple Store :D.

Anyways, it'll depend on which notebook you're planning to get. For example there are brand-specific small businesses and they always have great service and stock. The larger stores will have a larger selection but not necessarily better service or have your particular model in stock.

So tell us what brand you're looking at first.

3. XxLblinkxX

XxLblinkxX Notebook Deity

bestbuy i think... i bought a vaio there before and the price was ok. =D not bad

4. Gophn

Gophn NBR Resident Assistant

If you are in West Coast, look for a PC Club... they got the ASUS models and can special order any other notebook... Clevo, Compal, etc...

If you are looking for basic notebooks, Best Buy is a good choice since they have very good deals [some of which are not publicly advertised] for causal users.

If you want an Apple... go to Apple Store.

5. mordeth

mordeth Notebook Evangelist

retail stores are only good for stuff like mp3 players and tvs that have a set price...computers that can be customized are much better through the company itself.

6. Sam

Sam Notebook Virtuoso

True, but the original poster stated he/she doesn't have the time to wait for shipping online. He/she'd rather get the notebook right away at a store.

7. mordeth

mordeth Notebook Evangelist

oops i should learn to read....i have to confess i just read the topic and first sentece :eek:

8. Kierkes

Kierkes Misanthrope

I'm very partial to Best Buy. I have been living in Thailand my whole life up until summer 2005. I moved to America and needed a computer. Living in Easton, PA, the closest retail store was a Circuit City in Bethlhem, so I went there. I had a good experience with them. I never found the need to go to Best Buy, which was in Allentown.

All of a sudden, Circuit City let some of its employees go because they wanted to hire new people with smaller wages. This made several people mad, but I went back anyway. Let me tell you it was not the same. :( I went to Best Buy and I saw the former glory of CC...except it was in blue and yellow instead of red and yellow. xD

Best Buy = win.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.