Best place to buy MSI GE73 Raider RGB-012?

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by malamute, Feb 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. malamute

malamute Newbie

Reputations:
    I am located in Canada but don't mind buying from the US. I would like the intel 8 gen, 256 gb, 1070 version of the ge 73 raider and wondered where is the best place to buy? I've been looking around online and noticed a few retailers carry it for about $1799 US? I would also like a good warranty with it. Any suggestions would be helpful.

2. donotwant

donotwant Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Deal wise: GenTechPC has a decent deal on the GE73. $1799 + free liquid metal or good quality compound re-paste and Fujipoly, and free 30day dead pixel warranty

As for warranty, I don’t have any experience with Gentech’s warranty, but you can normally get longer warranty directly from manufacturers if needed.

Would like to point out that MSI offers a 1year accidental damage warranty as long as you register within 30days.(might be US only?)

3. Montségur

Montségur Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I'm really sorry I didn't see this earlier, but if you keep an eye on the following MSI GE73 you might get lucky and Canada Computers puts it on sale again before they're out of stock:

https://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=710_577_1199&item_id=121064

I was waiting on Dell for one of their new Inspirons, but there has been so much bad publicity over the RTX lineup and the new Dell G5 is not exactly receiving rave reviews, so I sprung for one of these instead. CC has put this on sale twice in the last couple of months to $2099 CAD, which for a full GTX 1070 and i7-8750h is pretty good IMO.

I can also confirm that the SSD on this model is an NVMe and the TN screen is excellent for gaming, average for media consumption. The fan control and especially the cool boost keep things moving nicely for FPS, but you will need to crank the fans after a while.

Also I know this is not exactly what you asked for, but if you're on a budget look right now at this link:

https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Predato...728&sr=8-1&keywords=acer+helios+300+i7+8750h&

I know this is only a GTX 1060, but for the price at the moment ($999 USD + Import so around $1540 CAD), you really couldn't do better. I know some have complained about heat issues with this model though.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.