Best Phone For Listening To Music

Discussion in 'Smartphones and Tablets' started by thomas9059, Aug 19, 2017.

1. thomas9059

thomas9059 Newbie

Reputations:
    I have music files upto 250 gb and so I am searching for best android phone to listen music. I am also searching for phone with memory card support upto 1 tb and greater.

Actually I love to listen music and so is there any android phone which provides rich experience in listening music and at the same time which has support upto 1 tb and greater.

I have some music files in opus format which are speeches and I have listened these in some Android mobiles like HTC, Motorola, redmi etc., and by listening some mobile's provided noise and I was unable to hear the speeches properly while others produced output from earphones with quality.

I am asking which is the best android phone which does best in processes like noise cancellation, volume normalization, replaygain, equalizer etc.,.

As I am not a photographer I am not bothered about camara and it's quality. What I am expecting is an android mobile at lowest cost and which provides high and rich quality while listening to music and at the same time external memory card support upto 1 tb and greater.

Is there any android mobile which has special processing unit for audio like there is separate processing unit for graphics ie., gpu.

Thanks

2. hien34

hien34 Newbie

Reputations:
    best choice for now (before the V30 comes out?) could be the LG V20 - it's a previous year "flagship" phone that has a dedicated DAC for high quality audio:
    http://www.androidauthority.com/lg-v20-quad-dac-explained-713587/

Engadget - LG V20 - "Great for Audiophiles..."
    https://www.engadget.com/2016/11/19/lg-v20-review/

They're pretty cheap now since the new one is coming out - I've seen them sub-$300 and they do support up to 2TB microSD cards

Phones and audio are very subjective and people can be opinionated, but overall they've been in agreement that this phone has great audio quality

3. kojack

kojack Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    HTC phones are supposed to have AWESOME audio as well.

4. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Why not convert those mp3s to HE-AAC using iTunes? Even Fraunhofer terminated their licensing and related patents and asked users to switch to eAAC (HE AAC), eAAC+ etc.
    I download every music in mp3 later convert them to HE AAC to 32Kbps with sample rate 44kHz and Stereo channel. No degradation quality and it needs less battery so you can enjoy music all day long.

5. Convel

Convel Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    When converting from one lossy format to another, it's never without quality degradation. HE-AAC may be more efficient than MP3, but it's still a case similar to converting x264 movies to x265. The percieved differences may be small to most if done right, but you'll still want another format for music if not bitrate starving. There is a perceivable difference between 64 kbit/s HE-AAC and 128 kbit/s MP3. Since the OP is looking for copious amounts of storage offered only by phones with expandable memory, it's safe to assume his music library is of better quality than either. There's also a case to be made about broader codec support on Android, if unwilling to jailbreak iOS, such as Opus for speech. Every format has a targeted usage area, and avoiding re-encoding is best. That's not to say the iPhone's audio output isn't better than most Androids, but the OP's needs are far from average.
    The LG V30 has a versatile quad-DAC, supporting up to 32-bit/192kHz audio, and accepts microSDXC cards up to 2 TB. The HTC U11 is also a good choice for audiophiles, though GSMArena notes a bit of stereo crosstalk in their review. It also has a microSD slot.

A properly amped Qualcomm Aqstic DAC can also sound good, however, as proven by the HTC 10. The latest Aqstic WCD9341, found in Snapdragon 835 phones, has added support for DSD audio, and can now output 32-bit/384kHz. Most of us will, of course, stick to 16-bit/44.1kHz, but it goes to show that phone DACs are getting more advanced. The Galaxy S8/S8+/Note 8 come with said DAC and have microSDXC slots as well. Most will note that Samsung's latest phones without an external amp do not sound as good as LG's V-series, but at the end of the day, you'll want to try different phones in-store with your particular headphones and/or earphones, so they're worth mentioning.

Primes and Vasudev like this.
  6. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

Reputations:
    LG V30 for the win.

7. emilyjohn

emilyjohn Newbie

Reputations:
    I think best choice now Nokia and HTC phones are best for listening the music also Engadget - LG V20 great for Audio music. Lg G4 also best quality of music .

Vasudev likes this.