Best Paid Antivirus?

Discussion in 'Security and Anti-Virus Software' started by nheroux, Aug 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AndroidFan

AndroidFan Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    That is by far the wors thing you have done to your computer.

A so called prrogram that LOOKS like an antivirus abut slips many viruses through according to various systems I have tested on and it sucks big time at removing any virus

but offcoure, that is your choice and respect it, MSE to me is one of the biggest threats to a computer and what's worse, is that 10s of thousands of people are using it THINKING they are protected. Most the popular AV sites I know don't even include MSE in their test reports....ever wonder why? because it's a joke and its support and forums are a bigger joke

just my 2 cents

2. LaptopHall

LaptopHall Newbie

Reputations:
    Well, I know a lot about Antiviruses. After years of experience the best Anti-Virus ever is going to be KASPERSKY. Had it for over 3 years now and no single complain. Silent, doesn't take any resources and 100% protection. You can get it for 33 buck on Amazon. And I agree with people above. There is a huge difference between Paid Antivirus and Free ones. However like they said its unluckily that you need to pay for one.

3. iViNtaGe

iViNtaGe Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Not sure. I actually use Norton 360, because my dad has a subscription that covers up to 3 computers at once. It works well for me, but I know it is rather expensive.

4. AndroidFan

AndroidFan Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Kaspersky doesn't take any resources? are you serious?

even on my high spec laptop (in sig) launching a setup file of a large program like Nero 11 takes at least 30 secs to start

I refunded that piece of junk after having enough with it for 30 days

I had bought a 2 year / 2 user license but wasn't happy with it at all

yes it is the best in terms of security, but has a very high performance hit

NOD32 is the best for me! It is very good in terms of detection/removal of viruses and I dont even feel I have an antivirus on my system because it's so light

5. evil_mike

evil_mike Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    With all due respect, let's keep your opinion about fairytales to yourself, unless you can back it up with evidence.

That said, if you don't want to pay for software, MSE is good. I use it on the systems I don't feel like putting Norton Internet Security on. Otherwise, I always use Norton Internet Security (same stuff that's in Norton 360 but without the backup, which I don't need).

That said, you're going to get a crap-ton of opinions here, with everyone claiming that whatever they use is the best. Personally, I'd download the free trialware from a few of the vendors (Symantec/Norton, Kaspersky, and maybe McAfee), test them out for 30 days or so, and figure out which one you like the best. Make sure to uninstall the old one before installing a new one.

Also, check with your ISP. I know that Comcast/Xfinity offers free security software (it's a modified Norton 360) to their internet subscribers.

Good luck!

6. MikeGeek

MikeGeek Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I use Avira free, but Kaspersky paid version is also reliable.

7. JWBlue

JWBlue Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I know I am repeating what others have said, but it bears worth repeating.

Their is no return on paying for an antivirus. Could it be 5% better than a free one? Maybe.

I have been using Avast free with Commodo and not had any problem.

A couple of times I had to click on CTRL - ALT - Delete and shut down my browser to avoid a virus. I do not know if a paid version would
    have avoided having to do that.

I also am paying $0.00 for my antivirus/firewall.

8. Sanage

Sanage Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Absolutely yes, Eset Nod32 is a powerful anti-virus program.
    I took it to protect my home computer for many year.
    Never catch any problem regarding virus.

9. joeyboy

joeyboy Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    comodo, avira, avast yes I dont mind Eset Nod32 I personally use Comodo

10. jerry66

jerry66 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I use Trusport , or Vipre , that with Outpost pro firewall , no slow down , even use the combo on an Atom netbook , offer good protection and can make rules for what get in or out of the computer . Also use spywareblaster .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.