1. You may have noticed things look a little different around here - we've switched to a new platform (XenForo) and have some new forum styles and features. This how-to guide will help you find your way around. If you find anything that looks strange, post it in this thread.

Best Mouse for Mac book pro?

Discussion in 'Apple and Mac OS X' started by Supermiguel, Aug 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Supermiguel

Supermiguel Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
  2. H.A.L. 9000

H.A.L. 9000 308 Negra Arroyo Lane

Reputations:
    Said about the Magic Mouse, and I quote:

Also it's not ergonomic in the slightest. Like absolutely NO comfort.

3. Supermiguel

Supermiguel Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    whats the most confortable BT mouse out there?

i saw Razer has one but not sure how good it is

4. H.A.L. 9000

H.A.L. 9000 308 Negra Arroyo Lane

Reputations:
    The Razor Orochi is probably one of the best Bluetooth mice out there, because it's dual connection options. If you don't want to use BT, you can just plug it into a USB port. Great mouse IMO. I use the Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000. It's RF with a nano receiver.

5. crazycanuk

crazycanuk Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Razor makes excellent mice, logitech makse a few other good ones as well

6. altecxp

altecxp Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Depending what you are doing I REALLY like the new trackpad they have. Thought I would hate it till I tried one.

7. Walshman

Walshman Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The Magic Mouse is not ergonomic, but it does look awesome and it's all glass and has the multi-touch technology. You can scroll with your finger and swipe through photos, etc.

Takes a bit to get used to, but if you are into aesthetics, there is nothing else that looks better/matches the mbp.

8. SP Forsythe

SP Forsythe Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    The Magic Mouse looks awesome in it's little crystalline display case. And that is where I keep mine, most of the time. I keep giving it another chance to impress me, and it doesn't. It's awfully sad, because it performs the functions of a mouse pretty darn good, except the acceleration is way off and you can't adjust it fast enough without a third party add-on, and yes, the ergonomics are absolutely the worst of any mouse I have ever used. Other than than the usability, it's a masterpiece.:rolleyes:

Steve Jobs must have an alien hand geometry for this thing to get as far as it did past R&D. Within 2 minutes of using the scrolling, the back of your hands are cramping up into a claw-like shape. Geez, even the guys at Microsoft are smart enough to know that there is a minimum height that is needed if you are going to use a large surface area on the device for scrolling.

9. xfiregrunt

xfiregrunt Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I wouldn't get a magic mouse unless you don't care about comfort and use your computer as a display case. Or you could get a magic mouse and a normal mouse and just use the magic mouse to show people how awesome your desk looks.

I use my computer for 5 hours straight though sometimes.

10. GadgetsNut

GadgetsNut Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Unless you need an external mouse for precision gaming, the one that is right on the MBP is the best mouse - the awesome touchpad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.