Best Laptop Search Engines?

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by HypnoSnoopy, Mar 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HypnoSnoopy

HypnoSnoopy Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  2. CeeNote

CeeNote Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
  3. Matt

Matt Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Lol... interesting that you ask. This site has one of the best I've seen. Did you mean besides this one, or did you not notice it had one?

Matt

4. who8mahrice

who8mahrice Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Just ask for it in the forums...with all the members here, we're bound to have nearly every model covered :p Plus, the members collectively are probably more up to date than those search engines, haha.

5. HypnoSnoopy

HypnoSnoopy Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Unless I'm missing something, this site doesn't have many filtering capabilities.

The aforementioned pcworld site, for example, can limit results by many different independent specs including such small details such as whether it has an s-video out or bluetooth, and you can combine these to be precise for example you can look for any laptop that has a core duo OR a core 2 duo.

6. Matt

Matt Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Well on these forums you can even sort by square inch of battery size. ;) Just ask us, we can help. (That's from a commercial... can't remember which... :D)

Matt

7. ejl

ejl fudge

Reputations:
    the downfall of such a website is that they will only give you listings of computers from websites that pay for ad space. also, quite a few notebooks can be customized so you can't really use filters to find a specific customized notebook. not to mention, smaller name notebooks like clevo and asus will most likely never be there.