Best Laptop I can get for $2000

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by yurilobo, Apr 7, 2019.

1. stamar

stamar Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Ive seen some good deals on otevious 1080 laptops
    So that would be a lot like a 2070 laptop

I mean a 1070 is a lot like a 2060. So if you find a 1070 for 2060 price it's a wash

yurilobo likes this.
  2. stamar

stamar Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Clevo has been making laptops longer than most of the brand names they are quite honestly sort of an r and d company for gaming laptops. They have data and technology ahead of alienware or acer to sell them like this many failures based on this much heat etc .

So the sales are not always their thing . they made some pre dell alienwares . they don't have any sales or warranties they hand that all off

Tong fang dont have the same story but similar situation. Just a manufacturer not a marketer

yurilobo likes this.
  3. yurilobo

yurilobo Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey everyone, sorry about the late response. Finally had a chance to organize the options you all mentioned.

———-

Asus ROG Zephyrus GX501
    €2,080 - https://amzn.to/2VNaRPs

15.6 Inch FHD 144 Hz with 3 ms
    Intel Core i7-8750H Processor
    16 GB RAM
    1 TB PCI-e SSD
    NVidia GTX1080 8 GB Max-Q

———-

MSI GS75
    €2,148 - https://bit.ly/2GnT1xf

17.3’’ FHD
    Intel Core i7-8750H
    16GB DDR4-SDRAM
    512GB SSD
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

———-

MSI GS65
    €2,017 - https://bit.ly/2KFSQ4G

15.6’ FHD
    Intel Core i7-8750H
    16 GB RAM
    256GB SSD
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

———-

Clevo N960TF
    €2,082 - https://bit.ly/2KJFnJ4

[​IMG]

———-

Sager NP8956
    $1,819 - https://bit.ly/2Goyc4U

[​IMG]

———-

Eluktronics MECH-15
    $1,950 - https://bit.ly/2KOHAmK

15.6’ FHD 144hz IPS
    Intel Core i7-8750H
    16GB DDR4
    512GB ADATA SX8200 Pro PCIe NVMe SSD
    2TB Eluktro Pro-X PCIe NVMe SSD
    Cool Laboratory Liquid Ultra CPU & CM MasterGel Maker GPU Thermal Compound

————————————-

Which one you think that would be the better option?
    I’m missing some other model ?
    Also, would be really nice if you can help me with which site to buy from. I was thinking about buying on some US site and send to me(Ireland) via MyUS or some similar service, to save some money, but don’t know If It’s a good idea. Also, maybe I can get some good deal buying at HIDevolution or something. I’m really lost about all of this. =/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. stamar

stamar Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    i like buying my own ssds seperate from sager or eluktronics

although eluktronics is selling an ok one without a huge markup

so id get a screwdriver and install it myself.

I also wouldnt even take an hdd for free much less pay 55 for it. i would open it up and throw an hdd away its literally using power doing nothing and generating heat its crap

so i literally bought the 17 inch version of the clevo except i downgraded hdd i bought windows and i spent 550 on two 2 tb pcie ssds from newegg.com i would do the same with the tongfang.

i literally have the clevo and ill recomend the tongfang. but they are both the best things on the market. i think even though the tongfang has some plastic its nice i cant pick which one looks nicer, they have the same screen

also i went with sager with factory paste and it works better than paying them imo. sager tests for overheating if its good leave it, dont replace whats not needed do it in a year

yurilobo likes this.
  5. rlk

rlk Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Regarding screen -- you may prefer something with closer to 100% NTSC gamut if you're doing graphics work. My previous laptop (Dell Precision M6500) had a screen that when I profiled it with DisplayCal turned out to be around 72%; it looked very washed out. My current Lenovo P70 has a much nicer screen (the 4K, somewhere around 100% NTSC).

144Hz refresh may give you slightly smoother action with some games; you'd need a very fast GPU to take full advantage of that, I'd expect.

yurilobo likes this.
  6. JRE84

JRE84 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    15 pound 5 inch thick laptop...lol...buy a desktop with your money if you don't care about portability...if you do then go for the gs65 with rtx 2060...best bang for your buck that is with slim laptops...nothing really comes close dollar for dollar...a i7 8750 is pretty darn fast and will be more than enough

yurilobo likes this.
  7. JRE84

Reputations:
    And as for 144hz...

You need a GPU that hasn't been conceived yet...nothing will grant you 144fps unless your running 720p and a desktop i9

yurilobo likes this.
  8. rlk

rlk Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Portability means different things to different people. A desktop is certainly not designed to be moved around, and there are just too many pieces needed to make it functional. A laptop -- even a 10 lb one -- is, if you don't mind carrying the weight.

Slim laptops, even with fast processors, simply don't have the cooling needed to run at peak performance (look at the Macbook Pro with i9-8950H).

yurilobo likes this.
  9. JRE84

Reputations:
    Yeah I agree..but who buys the i9...its pretty common knowledge that it will throttle....I was referring to the gs65...and a 15lb laptop might be more portable than a desktop but it would still be considered mainly a stationary device

yurilobo likes this.
  10. JRE84

Reputations:
    Also for the thread....

The best laptop you can get for 2000 is drum roll...

X1 carbon by Lenovo..
    Plus arorus 1080 egpu dock

Right now you can get a 256gb 8gb ram wqHD display basically the best screen available in a laptop atm..for 1600cad or 1200usd

yurilobo likes this.