Best Laptop For $350??

Discussion in 'What Notebook Should I Buy?' started by ishmoo21, Jun 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ishmoo21

ishmoo21 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi, my friends old laptop died and hes kinda tight on cash so hes looking to spend around $350. He only used his old laptop to watch youtube videos, pay bills, check news, and listen to music. He had the old laptop plugged in one spot so I dont think the battery life will matter. I know theres a couple 10-12 inch cheap laptops out there but he'd prefer a 13-15 inch screen if possible. Anyone know of anything to possible help him out? Thanks a ton.

edit: I saw this but am not sure how well it is. I couldnt find any reviews other than from amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004ETLO6W/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=AOWIKD7G8SX9Z

2. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope.

Reputations:
    That is exactly the computer I would have recommended. THe AMD E-350APU has turned out to be a reliable processor. It is powerful enough to do what your friends needs to do and will significantly outperform an Atom based notebook at the same price.

Bronsky:cool:

3. Leoben

Leoben Cylon

Reputations:
  4. ishmoo21

ishmoo21 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I saw that thread but I wasnt sure if the AMD Fusion or the Core 2 Duo would be better for him. The Intel HD graphics kinda suck on the Core 2 Duos but then again he doesnt play any games.

5. Sonicjet

Sonicjet Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I don't know if this is allowed but I have an Asus UL30Vt with an intel SSD for $350, it has an Core 2 Duo and Nvidia 310M, it actually gets 13 hours of battery life and that SSD screams.

6. hawk1410

hawk1410 Bird of Prey

Reputations:
    ^^ Well i dont think it is, would be better of sending OP a PM instead.