Best Internet Browser 2020-2021

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Spartan@HIDevolution, May 4, 2020.

?

What is your favorite internet browser?

1. Avant Browser

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Brave Browser

4.3%
  3. Chromium

2.2%
  4. Firefox

54.3%
  5. Google Chrome

21.7%
  6. Maxthon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Microsoft Edge

6.5%
  8. Opera

4.3%
  9. Pale Moon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Safari

4.3%
  11. SeaMonkey

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. SRWare Iron

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. Tor Browser

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. UC Browser

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. Vivaldi

2.2%
  16. Waterfox

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Anyone doesn't believe it, I have some ocean beach property on the east side of Phoenix that I will sell really cheap.

They track, collect, steal whatever they feel like and they feel entitled to it all. It's like they are self-endowed with the liberty to sedate and rape us as often as they wish, and with crApple and Micro$lop doing exactly the same thing there is no place for anyone to find refuge from their unwelcomed assaults.

I've been tempted to just leave my cell phone at home from now on, especially since that Nazi dumbass COVID-19 Exposure Notification cancer got pushed puked onto my phone. I can't find a way to get rid of it. I did a factory reset and disabled updates and that piece of crap still came back.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
    Vasudev, 6730b and Papusan like this.
  2. TheReciever

TheReciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    You mean the COVID tracker thingo?

I thought that was just an idea, was it actually mandated in some states or counties?

Mr. Fox likes this.
  3. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    I am not sure. The last I heard Arizona rejected the invitation for participation (thank God). I saw a list of states with a table showing yes/no for each state and there were some yes states drinking the Kool-Aid. Now, whether mandatory in some states or not I do not know. If it were mandatory by government decree I would cancel my cell service and go back to landline and VOIP. I'm not going to support "big brother" privacy intrusions and Constitutional violations like that no matter what kind of "greater good" idiotic dictatorship garbage they try to use to sugar-coat it.

The underlying problem for me is that it exists and Google and Apple pushed this feces Android and iOS service to everyone without making it an opt-in or opt-out proposition for each user. It should not exist and neither Google, Apple nor any government (not to mention hackers and Dark Web players) can be trusted not to abuse it and exploit it in secret.

Even if it is not being used now, it's a Trojan hiding in the shadows just waiting for something nefarious it can be deployed for later. This piece of crap is just one more example that serves as evidence of the fact that the tech world is run by retarded Nazi control freaks that are on a life-mission to steal and defraud everyone that provides the capital that affords them the privilege to exist. They talk a big talk about cultures of inclusion and equality and rights for everyone, and it's just a crock smokescreen... they do not walk the talk and they are not sincere. They should not be creating or facilitating any form of technology that allows private or government surveillance or special access, or even "anonymous" data harvesting relating to any aspect of our lives. If I wanted to live in a place like that I would move to North Korea, China or some other country that exalts their despot monarchy "leaders" to god status. It is not acceptable or welcomed here as far as I am concerned.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
    Papusan and saturnotaku like this.
  4. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Privacy browser Brave busted for autocompleting URLs to versions it profits from zdnet.com | Today
    Brave, the privacy-focused Chromium browser from Mozilla co-founder and JavaScript creator Brendan Eich, has come under fire for automatically redirecting URLs typed into the browser's address bar to a version of the URL it profits from.

Brave is trying to carve out a new business model by offering users the choice of viewing ads in exchange for Brave's cryptocurrency, the Basic Attention Token (BAT).

The practice is a betrayal of trust for Brave users and potentially its affiliates too, which arguably shouldn't be paying Brave for visitors who type the affiliate's URL directly into the browser's address bar.

Eich, Brave's CEO, apologized for the redirects and offered an explanation for the behavior, claiming it was a "mistake".

Users who don't want URLs to the crypto sites to be automatically converted to ones that profit Brave can disable the feature 'Show Brave-suggested sites in autocomplete suggestions'. A future update will switch the setting off by default.

Starlight5, Ashtrix, Vasudev and 5 others like this.
  5. Aivxtla

Aivxtla Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Starlight5, Mr. Fox and Papusan like this.
  6. inm8#2

inm8#2 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Always enjoy the mea culpas in these types of situations.

"Oops, our bad guys. Didn't mean to get caught. Won't happen again... pinky swear!"

[​IMG]

7. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Uninstall current Google play services apk and install 20.15 from APK Mirror which doesn't have COVID-19 exposure APIs. I don't know which Android phone you're using. Since you're on Wifi it auto downloads everything once anything is uninstalled!

EDIT: Thanks Aivxtla. I really forgot to type APK Mirror. It seems I'm eating words since lockdown started.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
    Aivxtla likes this.
  8. Aivxtla

Aivxtla Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Android Police's "APK Mirror" site is what I used to use for alternate APKs/versions, its a reliable/reputable site if you want an alternate/older google services app.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
  9. kojack

kojack Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I use edge. every 2 months or so I get a gas card for my Jeep. I sync everything with edge on my laptop, iphone, ipad and my samsung tablet. I use 365 for my "everything" and it all syncs across all my devices perfectly.

Starlight5 likes this.
  10. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    I hate Edge after using Edge Chromium. You're still using Edge based Chakra JS engine?