Best Internet Browser 2020-2021

Discussion in 'Windows OS and Software' started by Spartan@HIDevolution, May 4, 2020.

?

What is your favorite internet browser?

1. Avant Browser

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Brave Browser

10.4%
  3. Chromium

3.9%
  4. Firefox

45.5%
  5. Google Chrome

18.2%
  6. Maxthon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Microsoft Edge

10.4%
  8. Opera

7.8%
  9. Pale Moon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Safari

1.3%
  11. SeaMonkey

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. SRWare Iron

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. Tor Browser

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. UC Browser

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. Vivaldi

1.3%
  16. Waterfox

1.3%
  1. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    The bug that prevents users from closing Edge is for those that think they are going to opt out.

Vasudev, jclausius and Papusan like this.
  2. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    21H2 telemetry cannot be disabled by default as it switches to share basic info sharing otherwise basic info + full optional telemetry.

Mr. Fox and Papusan like this.
  3. Spartan@HIDevolution

Spartan@HIDevolution Company Representative

Reputations:
    Pale Moon was good when it first launched then when they decided they wanna sway away from Firefox and have their own code (Gecko), it broke many things, lots of extensions don't work properly and numerous sites don't work. For example I use Zen Desk for work for our ticketing system. If I would login with Pale Moon, I would login successfully but then it just displays a blank page. I opened a thread on their forum but the developers don't give a crap really. It's like, use it as is or leave.

Now I use Google Chrome for personal use and Vivaldi for work. Vivaldi also has a sync feature, all extensions from Chrome work and it is the fastest browser I have ever tried to date it's insane how snappy and instant webpages load win Vivaldi.

Vasudev and Papusan like this.
  4. 6730b

6730b Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    jclausius, Rokobo, Mr. Fox and 2 others like this.
  5. Papusan

Papusan TURDBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    More browsers than Vivaldi don't trust Google's new move:)

Vivaldi, Brave, DuckDuckGo reject Google's FLoC ad tracking tech bleepingcomputers.com

Makers of Vivaldi and Brave web browsers have rejected Google's new privacy-preserving proposal called FLoC, which is meant to replace third-party tracking cookies across websites on browsers, including Chrome.

How do I know if my browser is included in a FLoC cohort?
    You can check if your web browser has been selected to be a part of the FLoC trial experiment by following the instructions provided at EFF's AmIFloced.org.
    [​IMG]

6. Papusan

Papusan TURDBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Google Chrome just got a big upgrade that will speed up your browsing tomsguide.com | Today

HTTPS by default = faster load times

The shift to encrypted web connections by default is perhaps the most important change introduced in Chrome 90.

From now on, if a user types in a regular web address such as "foofoo.com" into the address bar, Chrome will first try to connect to that domain using the encrypted HTTPS protocol instead of the older, plaintext HTTP protocol. (The "S" in "HTTPS" stands for "secure.")

Google says this change will speed up loading times of websites (like Tom's Guide) that support HTTPS because before yesterday, HTTP was tried first and browsers needed to be redirected to the HTTPS protocol.

Here's an animated GIF that Google made to demonstrate how this works.

[​IMG]

Spartan@HIDevolution likes this.
  7. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Papusan and Mr. Fox like this.
  8. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    I can't imagine web browsing without it. When I have done it for very brief periods of time (i.e. on a clean install, or using someone's computer that doesn't have it,) I am always dumbfounded at how much absolute rubbish is on web pages that I am totally oblivious to. It's amazing how much trash it blocks that you never had a clue existed for the dumb-dumbs that are not using it.

saturnotaku and Papusan like this.