Best headphones for P870KM1?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by mebcitadel, Sep 25, 2017.

1. thegh0sts

thegh0sts Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    I could say the same about you. If you don't like it, don't reply. Don't perpetuate anything. Or just press that ignore button.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

2. Phoenix

Phoenix Colonel

Reputations:
    Oh I do post useful things..... unlike you

NBR Windows 10 Clean Installation Guide
    Windows 10 Tweaks and Fixes (Index post #1)
    Windows7/8 - Updates to hide to prevent Windows 10 Upgrade / Disable Telemetry
    Phoenix Software Updates

Just a few out of the many guides / useful threads that I have.....

what do you post?

"awaiting J95 mod"

or.......

new driver released...

"downloading :rolleyes:"

and now this headphones post....seriously dude...grow up...

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
  3. thegh0sts

thegh0sts Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Why you reply if you block me? To say I haven't helped others here is a gross understatement.

Anyway, back on topic. most gaming headsets I've tried are very heavy on the bass like razer's headset so they can really play up and add emphasis on explosions and therefore get you into the experience. You'll need to fine tune them to make them more suitable for other situations but I'd probably look into getting some studio level quality headphones for better sound to cover all cases like watching movies or doing any sort of audio visual production.

Pretty much steer clear of gaming headsets if you want a decent audio experience.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
  4. Kevin

Kevin Egregious

Reputations:
    Why ask about headphones, without providing a budget?

5. soulvengeance

soulvengeance Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I use an Apogee Groove dac, along with a Sennheiser HD600 and an Antlion Modmic. Sounds great for both games and music, although they are open back, so I wouldn't get them if you don't want people to hear what you're listening to.

6. Riktar

Riktar Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I really like the Logitech 933 headset for gaming, they've been a worthy successor to my trusty g930 (which are still very much alive and kicking after 3-4 years of heavy abuse). Purely for sound quality, I like the ATH m50x for neutal sound and audio edits but my daily driver headset are my beloved V-Moda M100, I tend to like a bit more bass so often pair it with a FIIO A5 Amp or E6 when on the go.

2c.

7. Kevin

Kevin Egregious

Reputations:
    Real headphone + a ModMic or V-Moda BoomPro will always be a better buy than a "gamer headset".

8. Rynaus

Rynaus Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Sorry to say, but this is ********. Gaming headsets have ZERO bass - both in quality and quantity.

You want an awesome setup under $200 ? Go for a Sony MDR-1A (less than $150 and matches the quality of even $500 headphones) + V-Moda Boompro mic (I prefer this one to the Antlion modmic because it's more compact and only 1 cable, no gluing and magnets).

WARNING: I haven't been able to get any external mics work on the P870KM1's mic-in (center out). In the end, I ended up buying a gaming headset from SteelSeries and I'm telling you don't listen to all those awesome reviews or ******** advices like this one here. These gaming headsets sound like **** ! Once you have had a real headphone from Sony, Sennheiser, AKG, Fostex etc. you will know what you were missing.

9. Rynaus

Rynaus Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    To all the guys who are advising here on getting a real headphone + V-Moda Boompro or Modmic v5. This is also my dream. I have few good headphones for which I bought the V-Moda Boompro mic. However, this doesn't work when plugged into the Mic-in port (center out). Has anyone here been successful in getting an external mic to work with the separate Mic-in port ? The mic works fine when I plug it into another laptop which has a combo headphone + mic port. For the P870KM1, I used a Y-Adapter splitter to split the headphone + mic (this adapter comes with the V-Moda Boompro mic package). This does not work, unfortunately.