Best headphones for P870KM1?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by mebcitadel, Sep 25, 2017.

1. mebcitadel

mebcitadel Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Going to order a P870KM1 soon. I was considering the Hyper X Cloud Revolvers or maybe the Sennheiser 363D. I will be doing mostly gaming but I also like to listen to music and watch movies. I realize the sennheiser are open back. That's ok. What are the best headsets available for this laptop and it's DAC?

2. Mobius 1

Mobius 1 nͫiͤcͫeͤ

Reputations:
    Coffee Lake1 models based on Z370 chipsets (desktop CPUs) are coming late of November

Soon will have new series and offer new CFL1 mobo. CFL1 supports 6core /12 Treads cpus - doesn't support current 7xxx series

Mobile CFL models are coming around Feb/18 CFL2 based on Z390 are coming around Sept /18

DO NOT BUY AS OF NOW

Vasudev likes this.
  3. mebcitadel

mebcitadel Notebook Guru

Reputations:

Thanks for the heads up. With that being said, what headphones should I look into?

@Mobius 1

4. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Most gaming headsets are ill-suited for critical listening, especially if your music collection consists of high-quality audio files. You may wish to consider a proper set of headphones then an Antlion ModMic to serve as your microphone. You haven't stated your budget, which is important as to what is worth recommending.

soulvengeance and tribaljet like this.
  5. kent1146

kent1146 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    You can do hours & hours of research in forums, websites, etc on this topic. When you look at all of those opinions as a whole, they will generally fall into 3 recommendations:

1) Buy a single USB headset for <$100. Kingston HyperX Cloud 2. It's a USB-based computer headset, with decent audio & mic quality for its price. It's good for gaming, and "good enough" for music & audio if you haven't gone into audiophile-level territory before. Benefit here is it's a dead-simple, relatively cheap purchase with good bang-for-your-buck. Drawback is that you can do much better if you're willing to spend more money.

2) Buy entry level audiophile-grade headphones, with an add-on mic. Probably run you about $200. Most popular recommendation here is the Audio Technica ATH-M50x and the Antlion ModMic. Benefit here is that you get freedom of choice on the headphones (price & audio quality), if you intend to use the headphones for other things like listening to music. Drawback is having to deal with an add-on mic (and its cable).

3) Buy a higher-end gaming headset that uses 3.5mm audio plugs (not USB). Runs you about $200. The rule here is "buy your audio gear from a company that makes audio gear." Do NOT buy audio gear from companies that make gaming peripherals (Logitech, Corsair, Kingston, Astro, Razer, Steelseries, etc).

This option is where you find headsets from Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic, Audio Technica. If you want a dead-simple recommendation here, Sennheiser G4ME One. Excellent audio quality, mic quality. Benefit here is excellent audio & mic quality, with emphasis on sound clarity & soundstage (the two most important factors if you intend to use any kind of virutalized surround sound).

My advice is that if you can afford ~$180, just buy the Sennheiser G4ME Ones and be done with it. It's got top-notch audio & mic quality, and has "headset" features such as integrated volume control, and a well-designed mic-mute feature. Those are things you don't get with Option #2 (separate headphones + mic), and will give you far better audio quality than Option #1.

Vasudev likes this.
  6. Mobius 1

Mobius 1 nͫiͤcͫeͤ

Reputations:
    If you have the budget to go that far I would recommend the Sennheiser HD360 and a modmic.

7. thegh0sts

thegh0sts Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Gaming headphones are real heavy on the bass (cos explosions is why).

8. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    wow, you're a real genius!

Rynaus likes this.
  9. thegh0sts

thegh0sts Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    What is up with you and your smart-ass remarks? I don't like your whiney attitude towards me as of late and I don't think it's helping you or anyone else here.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

10. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Maybe try making any useful post in your life.... just once...

[​IMG]