Best/fastest anti-virus for Vista use?

Discussion in 'Security and Anti-Virus Software' started by slayerfaith1982, Oct 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. icecubez189

icecubez189 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I used to use Kaspersky but it was giving me problems with Steam apps so I uninstalled it and replaced with Avast, which works very well and silently in the background. very nice especially since it's free.

2. slayerfaith1982

slayerfaith1982 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I think I might go with Kaspersky. If I were to buy the Kaspersky suite, that'd have me covered right? Antivirus/spyware/adware, and everything? And it runs real fast and doesnt bog down system resources?

3. eyecon82

eyecon82 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    does anyone else feel that avast uses more resources and slows ure comp down more than avg?

4. Eleison

Eleison Thanatos Eleison

Reputations:
    @eyecon82:

It's been a while since I've used a system that DOESN'T have Avast on it, but I've not found it to be a resource hog.

5. Ataranea

Ataranea Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I have Avast and i have not had a virus/trojans etc...for over 2 years now and I feel no slow down in performance at all. And I use a pentium M 1.8ghz laptop.

6. Ken Wind

Ken Wind Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I honestly don't usa an antivirus program. I run the Kaspersky online virus scanner regularly though. It's free, and it found some stuff that AVG never did.

7. slayerfaith1982

slayerfaith1982 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    anti virus only programs though dont protect against spyware n stuff does it?

8. eyecon82

eyecon82 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    what do you guys think is the best anti-ad program? i use ad aware for a weekly scan; but what is best to prevent these programs from even downloading on our system? thanks..i may switch to avast from avg; i have had no problems and i switched back for a few days to avast and noticed way more hd activity than with avg

9. Eleison

Eleison Thanatos Eleison

Reputations:
    @eyecon82:

I suggest Spybot to prevent infection from spy/adware. As long as you keep it up to date and use the immunize feature regularly, you should be as safe as an application can make you.

10. RKRick

RKRick Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The company I work for installs F-Secure Suite on all desktops and laptops. I have been using my company issued laptop with F-Secure for the past 3 1/2 years and have NEVER had any Spyware, Worms, Trojans, Rootkits, Malware or Viruses. I started using F-Secure on my home computers about a year and a half ago and have not had any issues since. It doesn't seem to use alot of system resources either. F-Secure isn't exactly cheap at $60 US but it is an all in one package that includes A/V, anti-spyware, firewall, spamblocker, and parental controls. For me it's been way worth the money...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.