Best Cooling Pad for MSI GS 75

Discussion in 'MSI' started by malamute, Apr 8, 2019.

1. malamute

malamute Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello! I was wondering about cooling pads and if anyone could recommend a good brand or what to look for in one? Not sure if this should go in another section. Also, would love to know about a good pair of wired headphones without a mic with great sound quality. Thanks!

2. Arrrrbol

Arrrrbol Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Depends, do you plan on using it on a desk or occasionally on your lap? If you want to stay on a desk then the Cooler Master Notepal U3 plus is probably the best option, since you can use 3 fans and position them to best provide cool air to the vents.

As for headphones, you might want to make another thread for it, but @Georgel is one of the best people to ask about that.

Papusan likes this.
  3. ryzeki

ryzeki Super Moderator Super Moderator

Reputations:
    As Arrrrbol said, I also recommend the cooler master pad, but since the GS75 is actually thinner than a normal 17 incher.. I think even the U2 would be good enough. I have both and it works fine on both (U2 and U3)

As for headphones, I use Audio Technica M50x, and they are great quality and sound.

custom90gt, Papusan and katalin_2003 like this.
  4. malamute

malamute Newbie

Reputations:
    @Arrrrbol Thanks for the recommendations! I wouldn't mind using it on my lap but it'd be primarily on a desk/flat surface. Is there a difference in cooling pads that sit in your lap vs. ones that sit on a desk?

@ryzeki Thanks for the help! What's the difference between the U2 and the U3? I will look at those headphones.

Also, was wondering if the MSI GS 75 would fit in a 15 inch laptop sleeve or would I need a 17 inch?

5. Divinated

Divinated Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I was actually considering this instead of a cooling pad, it seems pretty legit.

https://www.amazon.com/Temperature-...&s=gateway&sprefix=laptop+cool,aps,296&sr=8-3

Kevin@GenTechPC likes this.
  6. Kevin@GenTechPC

Kevin@GenTechPC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Divinated likes this.
  7. Divinated

Divinated Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    It also works the opposite of a standard cooling pad. Rather then feed more air by "pushing", it's feeding air by "pulling". They also have a max speed of 6000 rpm, which just around the same max speed as MSI's fans (which is 6500 rpm @ 110%). This is going off of my GS65 8RF.

Kevin@GenTechPC likes this.