Best Buy not honoring factory warranty

Discussion in 'ASUS Gaming Notebook Forum' started by twerntz, Apr 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joadster

Joadster Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I currently have a BB Asus notebook that is out of warranty. This thread affirms my decision to never buy another product at BB.

2. twerntz

twerntz Newbie

Reputations:
    I tried opening a support case on the ASUS website and the automated system kicked back an error that said I needed to work with Best Buy directly. It must have something to do with Model/Serial#. I did just recently send them an email about my situation, and ASUS has told me that once I get the laptop back, they would work with me directly.

They just froze the thread in the BB forum.

nice.

As was communicated to me, I expected an ASUS factory warranty. Its not a factory warranty. Its the "free" geek squad warranty with, maybe, factory parts.

Honestly, I was not in the market for a gaming laptop but they had this one on closeout floor model super discount. That, of course, is why I'm being punished now...for getting a good deal, and not understanding that the standard laptop warranty is not an ASUS warranty, rather its a geek squad warranty.

The ONLY reason I shop at Best buy is for their deferred interest plans. In terms of credit plans, Best Buy simply rules the market (at least in California).

For a mid range gaming rig, I am extremely happy with this laptop, even with dead pixels. The lower 720P really helped keep the frame rate up on an otherwise limited card. Once I got all the BB bloatware off the machine its been solid as a rock for 8 months.

I used to work break-fix field repairs for Dell and HP. These screens are cheap and easy to swap out. I thought the ASUS repair would simple. I never would have guessed that they would junk/recycle(whatever that means) a good gaming machine for 10 dead pixels.

At least you will be working with ASUS, if you do a claim. Ive never had issues with factory ASUS service.

3. Kevin

Kevin Egregious

Reputations:
    Can you now just get it back, and replace the screen yourself?

4. Srikar

Srikar Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I liked this on page 2 from the Best Buy link

"Based on this information and details gleaned from associates at your local store then, it’s my understanding that you were offered this HP model as an alternative solution – no additional expense would be required on your part and you would still have a functioning laptop."

5. PhnX

PhnX Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Pretty funny to see the difference in reactions between this thread and the BB thread. They're swarming in and having their way with you dude. Go in, in person, and put on your best madface, and at least get your original laptop back, and then think about an exchange.

6. alexUW

alexUW Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I'm sure AMD will be happy to know that a Intel i5 with a GTS 360m card is comparable to a Dual-core Phenom with RADEON 4250 integrated graphics.

Sorry for your problems, you got royally screwed.

7. ValkerieFire

ValkerieFire God Follower

Reputations:
    Sad story. You must have gotten a smoking deal on the G60 originally in order for the refund to be of so little value. I understand not wanting a BB credit when it won't get you a comparable laptop, will a refurb G73 from BB be too much of a stretch between the credit amount and the cost be too much? Maybe you can negotiate the price down.

8. PhnX

PhnX Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I feel like a refurb G73 from BB would just extend the nightmare.

9. BattleNut

BattleNut Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I had the same type of issue with Best Buy with my G73 JH when I bought it new . Took it back the next day as it would not work , kept shutting down in about 3 minutes .
    They took it and sent it off , it was going for two weeks or so , got a call when it was back. Went in and they told me it was full of bodily fluids and they would not be able to fix it as of this.
    Every one who bought one of these at this store where told almost the same story .
    We know this as of a post in the paper lol .
    You can not deal with Best Buy as they are going to do anything they can not to do what they agree to that may cost them money.

Asus fixed mine , but it has been in 3 times for repair and it has to go again.
    I will not be buying anymore ASUS computers that is for sure !

10. bnosam

bnosam Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Bodily fluids? Uh....whatttt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.