Best Buy - GS65 or GS63?

Discussion in 'MSI' started by clubnp, May 14, 2018.

1. Support.2@XOTIC PC

Support.2@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    :vbthumbsup:

2. Mobius 1

Mobius 1 nͫٴiͤٴcͫٴeͤ੮Һ૯ ცɿ૭ ૭ค ̷̧̟̭̺͕̜̦̔̏̊̍ͧ͊́̚̕͞ עٴٴٴٴٴٴٴٴ

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

3. Support.3@XOTIC PC

Support.3@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    I do occasionally miss it, whenever I get a bigger desk the first thing I will do is get a full size keyboard.

4. clubnp

clubnp Newbie

Reputations:
    I'm not worried about the demo not working, the only reason I was looking at BestBuy is because they have unique versions only available there, ie the GS63 with a 1060 @ $1500 or the GS65 with a 1070 @ $2k. Unfortunately reseller prices are about the same as the BB unit's with tax. :oops:

5. sk3tch

sk3tch Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I recommend going with Best Buy (as much as I dislike them) - going for resellers that offer things like re-pastes and "pixel perfect" guarantees to make more $$$ can be a waste of money, especially if you are good with the specs of the stock model. You can get similar/better thermal results by using Intel XTU to undervolt versus re-paste - so don't worry too much about that.

I am happy to help you with configuration if you get a GS65. I bought one from HIDEvolution and I regret opting for them versus the Best Buy model. They gave good service but the add-ons turned out to be mostly unnecessary from a thermal perspective (which is the only "upgrade" I opted for).

clubnp likes this.
  6. Mobius 1

Reputations:
    which reseller is that

usually BB models have downgraded panels or crap SSDs

I know because the GS63 1060/6700HQ had a bottom of the bin IPS panel while some of the reseller model have better screens

might want to give the resellers a call to see which exact panel you will be getitng with the laptop

7. sk3tch

sk3tch Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    This is just a bunch of FUD. The specs are listed out. The $2000 GS65 does have a slower SSD, but nothing that would affect gaming.

The resellers can tell you the exact panel and do tests (backlight bleed, dead pixel guarantees) and everything but all for $$$. You can buy at Best Buy or wherever and if you're not satisfied, return it the same day.

It all depends on what you're looking for. Some don't mind spending $150 or so for the guarantee of a no backlight bleed, dead pixel panel.

8. pathfindercod

pathfindercod Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    He might have some gift certificates and rewards points to use towards it. Even possibly a Best Buy credit card.

9. sk3tch

sk3tch Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Exactly. I hate Best Buy myself, and will never buy from there again (long story) - but if they have the best bang/buck option - then why not?

10. Mobius 1

Reputations:
    Not defending but you do realize that bestbuy's GS63 STEALTH-010 isn't sold on the resellers right? So you're looking at a different model.