best buy g73jh owners ?

Discussion in 'ASUS Gaming Notebook Forum' started by portolastreet, Dec 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puterg33k

puterg33k Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Headaches are caused by aspirin/Advil deficiencies. o_O?

My BST7 has been good to me, it seems to have had a ton less problems than everyone else who bought elsewhere. This is only one persons experience, but it's just food for thought. I did however have a GSOD once, I got rid of Asus power configuration tool, and I updated the graphics drivers. After that, I've not had a single problem.

I got mine for a bit less, I had Best Buy rewards. So, it was rather cheap, there was minimal fixing, and I have a beast of a laptop that I can play games on when I have time off. It NEVER overheats! I'll also have you know that I'm in Iraq, and the dust here is crazy. I've blown out the laptop a few times and I see a minimal temperature decrease. I think the hottest I’ve ever seen it get was on one of my days off I played Americas Army for like…. 4 Hours straight, I know right (looser). LOL…. Anyways, It got to 81C if I remember. That’s well within the limits of the machine.

At least with BB you have a 15 day return policy, then again I think there's a 10% restocking fee. I doubt they will charge you that if you have major problems. Then again, I’ve never bought anything that was refurbished and I’m not quite sure about how that all works. Whatever your decision, good luck.

2. frosty5689

frosty5689 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I'm not sure how ASUS warrants refurbished goods, but all other brands like HP/Toshiba/Apple/Sony only warrants refurbished laptop/PCs for 3 month.

3. Bakkasan

Bakkasan Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I had ZERO issues, till I bought FFXVI which required newer drivers, which caused GSOD over this past weekend. I updated the Vbios, no problems since.

I put a Momentus XT in it, set the 640 for a data drive in the second slot, and used cardboard to hold it in place. Why is it so hard to buy the damn caddy??? WHYY!!?!?! :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.