Best antivirus for a clean windows install

Discussion in 'Security and Anti-Virus Software' started by andy marchi, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    If you don't advertise a product in 3rd world people will choose most advertised product.

SaraDominus likes this.
  2. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    Do you see Ferrari or Lamborghini making ads for their cars to sell? Heck now. People who want the fastest cars know where to find them.

Simple Google searches would reveal NOD32 is the lightest AV and most secure. Point is, enthusiasts now the best to use. I don't need to sit here and convince people to use ESET's products. Let them use what they wish and have the PC performance robbed with their fluffy advertisements.

Vasudev likes this.
  3. saturnotaku

saturnotaku Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    That's not a good analogy. Is BMW a bad car company because I see their ads on TV all the time? A more apt comparison would be lawyers. This is something I have heard from multiple people - never trust an attorney who advertises on TV.

4. Vasudev

Vasudev Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    There are no ads but there are showrooms though. Even if you get a Ferrari 599 GTB or F12 Berlinetta there are more potholes and will require regular suspension changes and we're forced to use mid range cars. :p
    I didn't get the meaning of this sentence "Point is, enthusiasts now the best to use"?
    ESET is really good, my uncle's PC from UAE uses it and I thought it never existed in the PC.
    Personally I still use WD. Just found a tweak to lighten up Win 10. Disabled System Restore/Protection to get better IO response time like Win 10 TH2. Its buggy and causes 100% disk usage on HDD. I suspect its due to enhanced data de-duplication, filesystem resiliency and reliability features added to counter Multi-point failure of disks.