Becoming a Mod

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Paul, Feb 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moon angel

moon angel Notebook Virtuoso NBR Reviewer

Reputations:
    I had found the 'test your cpu speed' thread and posted up with my Portege (over 6 minutes!). When I got my new laptop I posted up the new time and then had a look around the other areas of the forum...

And now I'm a mod. Go figure. That was October!

2. TwilightVampire

TwilightVampire Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    When I joined I already had a laptop and was very knowledgeable about computer technology in general. I stuck around to help people and to have computer chat :D

3. Phillip

Phillip Phillip J. Fry

Reputations:
    When I joinned,I didn't have a laptop but was adequate in knowledge about computers,but most of it was in desktops. Now, I have a laptop and I'm learning everyday.

4. Lil Mayz

Lil Mayz Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Well are Andrew and Brian going to set up a company?

5. zicky

zicky Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    When I first joined, it was to inquire on Dell's delivery time cause I was impatient for my i9300, lol. That was like 15 months ago. I know I dont have 1000+ posts but that's cause I mainly hang around here on the Off-topic now. I used to browse every subforum but whenever I saw a question, there was already an answer, lol. Anyway, I strongly agree this is one of the best, if not the best, places to come if you want to know more about computer tech and need help with anything computer related. I've learned a lot here.

6. HavoK

HavoK Registered User

Reputations:
    When I joined I was whining about the X200m's abysmal OpenGL performance. I didn't intend staying around long after that but...here I am!

7. LFC

LFC Ex-NBR

Reputations:
    Wow night_2004, when did you move up in the world and become a moderator? Ooh la-la :D lol. I remember hanging around the HP section around the same time as you hunting for NC8430 info :p Congratulations

Excuse me for being sentimental... time flies doesn't it? :D

8. azntiger1000

azntiger1000 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    The term moderator just makes people sound powerful! HAHAH. So once you're a mod, could that title be taken away from you?

9. Matt

Matt Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Not that I nothing anything about it but... I would assume if a mod abuses his/her privileges, they will lose their position and be replaced by a more worthy candidate.

Matt

10. coriolis

coriolis Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Technically yes, but the route while choosing a mod is a long and tedious search, we look at blood samples, check your passport and sign a contract, so it barely ever happens.

All joking aside, the Mod-Squad is a group of very educated and mature people from all parts of the world, and there is no reason the status should be taken away. There has been one incident, but it was just a careless move by the whole team :p

People leave, people go, but more joins everyday. Such is life, and moreso in this forum, as people take time to do research, ask questions, and once they have made their decision, usually they leave and never come back unless they want another notebook, as they have lives to go back to. It doesn't just apply to members, but Mods(who volunteer their time here) as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.